School

I woke to the sound of muffled voices.

I slowly sat up in bed and rubbed my eyes. I looked at the door of the guest room and I could see shadows under the door.

But the weird part was the fact that I could hear Scott talking to Melissa. I could actually hear them! That's not a normal thing...at least not that I thought.

Suddenly the door knob turned and so I laid down and pretended that I was asleep.

I heard foot steps shuffling towards my bed. Then I felt them slightly shake me.

I pretended to groggily wake up. So I blinked a few times and rubbed my eyes for good measure.

"Good morning." Melissa whispered.

"Morning?" I said as more of a question.

"So I work as a nurse and I have to leave and Scott has school. Would you like to stay here or go to school?" She asked.

I thought for a minute and decided it might be best if I actually try to get some of my memory back.

"I'll um- I'll go to school with Scott." I said.

She nodded and said, "Alright, you'll just have to wear what you were wearing yesterday because I doubt that you'll fit into any of my clothes. I put them in the drier last night so they're all dry. Is that okay?" She asked.

"Yeah. Thank you. For everything." I smiled.

"You're welcome. Bye! Have a good day!" She replied.

I got up and stretched, yawning.

I walked over to the dresser to get my clothes. I quickly changed grateful the clothes were dry.

I looked in the mirror to inspect my outfit.

I was wearing a red and blue striped short sleeved shirt and a green utility jacket over it. I also had on dark wash skinny jeans. I realized that the shoes I had might be a little damp still.

I walked over to my all black high top converse and slipped them on. They weren't all too wet luckily.

I looked in the mirror and noticed my hair was still in a braid.

I undid the braid and combed through it with my fingers. It didn't really look how I wanted it to so I just braided it again and pulled it out so that it would look like a messy braid.

I realized that I didn't have any makeup so I sighed and just sucked it up.

There was a knock on the door to the guest room so I quickly went to open it.

"Hey are you ready to go?" Scott asked.

I nodded and followed him downstairs.

I noticed that he had a backpack slung over his shoulder.

"Am I supposed to have a backpack?" I asked.

He turned around to face me and sighed.

"Yeah, you are. But it's okay. We'll just say that you left it at your other house and that- wait. Do you remember your name yet?"

I looked down and nodded realizing that he was going to pretend that I was one of his relatives or something.

But last night, I did have a name pop into my head and it sounded really familiar so I was just gonna use it as my name.

"Tegan. My name's Tegan." I somewhat whispered.

"That's great! At least you remembered your name right?! Anyway. I was just going to pretend you were my cousin but if you don't want to-" I cut him off.