Chapter Four

Sorry for not posting recently, I was extremely busy and couldn't make time to actually sit down and continue writing my story.

---------------------------------------------------

We go into the usual room and instead of scowling at her or making some stupid comment about her stupid outfit, I say "Hey".

She looks around the room acting as if there was anyone else in the room.

Her attempt at comedy had failed and this makes me almost regret the fact that I want to ask her some questions, but I get over it and try to put the words together in my head.

She replies laughing : "Oh, hello! I was just surprised!" She laughs again and goes on "So, how are you? Did your mum talk to you?"

I ignore her questions and go straight to the point.

"Ever since our last therapy session, I couldn't stop thinking about what you told me about me saying 'mean' things to other people to make myself feel better."

She raises a brow and I continue.

"Suppose you were right, what would I have to do to stop feeling the need to 'hurt' other people's feelings?"

She seems satisfied with what I had to say and she smiles and answers my question.

"Honestly, that's all you. If I had to tell you something it would be to put yourself in the other people's shoes, but from what I know about you, I know that that shitty advice won't work, because you'd like for the other person to be as honest with you."

I sit up, impressed, she has my attention now.

"You're not as horrible as I thought you'd be." I say and continue. "But seriously, how much did my mum tell you?"

She smiles.

"She told me just enough."

She gave me some useful piece of advice and before our session is over, I say : "This boy..."

She raises a brow and I go on.

"Who I don't really hate invited me to a party with a couple of his friends."

"What do you want me to do with that piece of information?" She asks.

"I thought it was obvious as fuck, should I go or not?" I say.

"Do you have a reason not to?" She asks in response to my answer

"Can you honestly answer me with an actual answer and not with a fucking question? And no, I don't have any reason to".

"You just answered your own question. Go have fun, dance... and do whatever it is that you kids do nowadays."

Unsatisfied with her answer, I stand up and head towards the door. I exit the building and get into my mum's car.

We talk about how it wasn't so bad, but the fact that I sort of opened up to her shouldn't be mistaken with kindness and I also made it clear that it wouldn't happen again.

The next morning at school

"We're going to that party, you know that right?" Said Claire.

"I'm not really in the mood for parties." I say

"Are you ever in the mood for parties?" She replies.

"Only when it's mine. Where's Mark anyways?"

Claire sighs. "With his new girlfriend."

"I'm so sorry Claire, but hou aren't making things any easier by not letting him know that you like him."