16 | Romantic History With My Psychotic Friend

Shaina's parents have been divorced since she was 15. The aftermath was what really contributed to Shaina's rebellious, teenage behaviors. And on top of the fact that Shaina's mother was kidnapped by Yang before, Henry didn't want to involve her any further. But if she knew anything about the photograph, then all help was helpful.

“Hey, Maddie, I'm sorry to bother you on your business trip, but… Do you remember a shirt Shaina had as a kid? It was a sky blue shirt, with a dark blue collar.”
Henry describes Shaina's outfit in the picture Allison gave the SBPD.

“Henry, what is this about? Who would remember her shirts from childhood?” Madeleine, Shaina's mother, replies over the phone.

“I do. Almost all of them. I just don't remember this one. Now, I know she stopped wearing shirts with brand names on them right after her 9th birthday.”
Henry ponders.

“Why do you know that?” Maddie replies curiously.

“Because we had an argument about it. She didn't want to promote products without getting paid for it. Just---
Do you remember the shirt?”

“What's going on, Henry? You sound like a detective right now!”
Maddie asks accusingly.

Henry hesitates to reply,
“Look, Maddie, I don't want you to be alarmed… But this has to do with Yang.”

There's a pause over the line, making Henry second-guess whether telling her the truth was the right decision.

“Did she escape?”
Came Maddie’s concerned voice.

“No, no, no! It's nothing like that! Yang is behind bars. It's just this photograph… It's nothing. Don't worry; I'll handle it.”
Henry reassures her as he hears a commotion outside.

“If Shaina's in trouble, you better tell me right now!” Maddie demands as Henry pulls the curtains aside to see Yang getting escorted towards his front door.

Yang waves excitedly at him through the window.

“Maddie, I'll have to call you back.”

“No, wait, Henr---”

~~~~~

Shaina and Sherlock dismount from the Blueberry when Briana parks the car.
Before Sherlock could even start walking down the path leading to the front door, Shaina rushes to his side,
“Look, I know you probably don't care at all, but this is my childhood room you're about to see! In my dad's house, nonetheless!
It's a bit embarrassing for me…”

Sherlock shrugs,
“Like you said. I don't care.”

Shaina nudges Sherlock in the arm desperately, “Could you care enough to at least make a good impression on my dad?”

Sherlock smirks as Shaina links her arm through his, and hesitantly leads him inside her childhood home.

Briana and John linger behind, finding the situation hilarious.

“Do you think Henry will approve of Sherlock?” Briana asks John amusingly.

“Sherlock can be a dick 24/7… So it depends on if he cares enough to smile at least.”

~~~~~

Everyone was awkwardly crowded in Shaina's childhood room, much to her embarrassment. She became very conscious when she saw that Sherlock was scanning the room intensely; no doubt trying to memorize every little detail about it and making a new room in his Mind Palace.

Shaina never cared about the cleanliness of her room until now. Not to mention how her dad was staring at Sherlock the entire time.

Yang was still confined to handcuffs, but took in her surroundings with eagerness,“Wow! So this is where it all began! Childhood nights under the covers with a flashlight, making shadows on the ceiling dance, then counting little ants as you drifted off to sleep---”