Now the two rival Mafias were in the tunnels together.

Adrian, please be careful.

C: is the tunnel bugged.

I: yes

Adrian knew that Castellino's first instinct would be to confirm Adrian's hint and see if the blueprints were there. He had to open the safe for that, and while we couldn't recreate the image of his eyes or his DNA, I could store the data from the system and feed it to the system again. Sort of as a loop. With me inside the security system and the one and only Isaac Hale by my side, it was not going to be too tough.

I watched as Dylan's father, the Abandonato boss walked up to the safe.

C: Opening the safe now

I: got it.

The screen lit up again with a system of data as Isaac stored the information onto the security database. Soon every single detail that he'd input into the system was permanently stored in the database.

I nearly jumped out my seat with glee. Another part of the plan successfully completed.

Uh oh.

I looked up at the screen and watched as Abandonato lost his cool and started yelling.

C: the bugs would be useful. Like right now.

Isaac came through yet again.

"Because either DeLuca or his whore lied!" His father yelled. Now that the bugs were activated, I could hear everything.

Dylan looked near tears.

"But why would they lie?!" Dylan screamed desperately.

Uh oh. If they realized that they'd actually given us the data we needed to bypass the biometrics, we were fucked.

Fortunately, Adrian thought of that too.

Conniving bastard.

I downloaded the clip of Castellino and his men walking across the tunnels. I knew Dylan's number from memory, so I sent him the clip and watched with some twisted amusement as Dylan checked his phone and his face paled.

Perfect.

Now go find Castellino so you don't notice Adrian.

"We need to go find Castellino," he said.

Dylan nodded.

"Who sent you the clip?" He asked again.

Crap. Crap. Crap. Shit. Fuck.

Dylan gritted his teeth. "Unknown number."

Huh? Why was Dylan lying to his father? He knew my number.

"Let's look into this later, let's go find Castellino." He added, which left me more confused than ever.

Abandoned walked ahead while Dylan lingered behind.

"Chevron, it's too late isn't it? Adrian is here." He whispered. My breath caught in my throat. I'd never seen him cry and despite the poor image quality, I could see the glimmer of a tear on his cheek.

You're an asshole, but you're not going to get hurt. Even though you probably deserve it.

The Abandonato men were closing on the Castellino's. I held my breath in anticipation. The first shot took me by surprise. One of Castellino's men fell to the ground in a pool of blood.

Blood. Just like the time Adrian and I were taken.

C: deactivate the bugs. Now.

I didn't want to hear this. The sound disappeared with a crackling noise as Isaac deactivated the bugs. I didn't even want to see this.