saawali si raath

*disclaimer: this is the first time in my life that I've tried something like this... If its not appropriate apologizes in advance*

"yaar navya bacchae itna kyu ro rahae hai...mai kya karu..." a teary nandini spoke to a helpless navya. Krish and Tara were crying from the past 30 minutes and navni were trying their best to calm the kids but all their attempts were in vain. Nandini already fed them thinking that they might be hungry but still there was no end to their cries.

"nandu tum math ro na... mai bhai ko call karti hun... vo aa jayangae..." navya said getting up from the bed to get her phone. Nandini held her hand and nodded her head in a no wiping her tears

"nai navya... yeh contract bahuth important hai Fab 5 kae liyae... warna manik kabhi bacchon ko chod kae nai jata... tum call karogi toh vo beech mai hi aa jayaega... don't call him... sab bas aatae hi hongae... tab tak we will manage..."

Navya moved towards nandini who was crying along with Krish and Tara and said looking at the trio

"lagta hai yeh do badmaash apnae papa ko miss kar rahae hai..." and took krish from nandini's arms and made him rest his head on her shoulder and started patting his head but nothing was able to calm the kids.

The door suddenly opened and there was he, Manik was standing at the door panting which indicated that he had come running all the way. Seeing the kids and nandini crying he quickly moved towards them and embraced them. The moment nandini saw manik she too burst out into tears helpless of handling the kids alone anymore. Manik kissed nandini hair and said "shh... mai aa gaya na.. shh... rotae nai baccha... papa is here na..." he said looking at the kids and took krish from navya's arms and navya left the room leaving the chotu family alone. He thought for a moment and then began singing

Saawali si raat ho, khamoshi ka saath ho

( he then looked at nandini for a while and continued )
hmm Saawali si raat ho, khamoshi ka saath ho
Bin kahe bin sune, baat ho teri meri
Neend jab ho laapata, udasiyaan zara hata
Khwabon ki razaai mein, raat ho teri meri

( and the kids stopped crying and were looking at their daddy dearest who was singing for them with all the love in the world )

hmmm mmm...

Jhilmil taaron si aankhein teri
Khare khare paani ki jheelein bhare

( manik sang looking at Tara who was now busy playing with her mumma's hair )

Hardam yun hi tu hansti rahe
Har pal hai dil mein khwahishein

(and Krish smiled as if understanding his papa's words which made manik smile ear to ear in return )

Khamoshi ki loriyaan sun toh raat so gayi

Bin kahe bin sune, baat ho teri meri
Saawali si raat ho Khamoshi ka saath ho
Bin kahe bin sune, baat ho teri meri

(and finally the kids were asleep seeing which nandini sighed in relief as they were crying so much that it would have effected their health. Manik made Krish lie down in their cradle and nandini laid down Tara beside Krish. She looked at manik still with teary eyes as they sat back on the bed looking at the kids who were sleeping peacefully and manik smiled and kissed her eyes and she let the tears roll down. Nandini slowly opened her eyes on not finding manik near her and there he was, near their ward robe taking out clothes for him to change. Manik thought of something and smiled naughtily and took out THEIR shirt and walked into the washroom and nandini frowned seeing him just walking away. He came out of the washroom after 10 minutes wearing only his track and holding the shirt in his hand. Nandini bit her lower lip understanding his gestures. Manik came and sat beside her and placed his hand on her shoulder and she hugged him tightly to control her blush and shyness. Manik laughed lightly and placing the shirt on the bed he picked her up in his arms and she hugged him more tightly. He sat on the swing in their balcony and settled her in his lap and sang looking at the stars )