VII

I look up and see 300 reads, we're gettin there. Sharee the story if you want. 💖💖

Thanks for the votes! Comments could be cool too though 😂

Song: TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY by Ice Cube

---

It's a Saturday afternoon.

Now I don't know about you, but I'm usually bored as fuck. No one texts, no one calls. Nada.

So you know what I do? Chill with my laptop.

What do I watch you might ask? Well, a lot of things. Orange is the new Black, The Boondocks, and even anime.

But don't even get me started on anime. I could go on and on about it.

"Zaria!" I heard my aunt yell. "Ma'am?" I responded. No answer.

"For fucks sakes." I whispered.

I slid my feet against the carpet with a lazy walk. I walked into the living room leaning on the couch a bit while my aunt was leaning on the counter top looking at her phone.

"Yes?"

"Go to Walmart and get these ingredients for me." I waited for a list, but instead felt my pocket vibrate.

Of course.

"You old people and your technology." I sighed.

"Go, get out." She waved me away. I rolled my eyes and scoffed. I pulled on my moccasins and walked out. I locked the door and walked down the steps to the entrance. I walked out those double doors and was met with heat.

Harsh, harsh heat.

"Zaria!" I looked around to find Georgia hobbling my way.

"Hey Georgia girl, you doin' alright?" I asked her.

"Just fine baby, just fine."

I giggled." I see you got another shirt." She twirled around and posed with a smile. I laughed and snapped in 'z' formation.

"I'll see you later Georgia, gotta errand to run." I said.

She nodded and walked to wherever.

Cars would pass by. I saw a couple caddies, a couple pick up trucks and your normal modern day cars. Trees would sway from side to side from the breeze.

Today just seemed like a good day.

After a few more minutes of walking, I was at the entrance at Walmart. You know the usual sight, adults with their kids, someone struggling with a cart, guys overloaded with bags. The usual.

I looked at the list on my phone, and saw she needed a couple vegetables. I went to the produce section and looked around.

"Cucumber, cucumber.." I trailed off.

"Over here babygirl." Someone called out. I looked over my shoulder to find a handsome chocolate boy by the name of Cameron. Beside the cucumbers were the lettuce.

I shuffled over to him to get a two cucumbers. I scoffed. " I knew that."

"Totally did."

He handed me one of those plastic bags and I thanked him.

"You cook?" He asked pointing to the cucumbers.

"Nah, my auntie needs them." I replied. He nodded.

"You know, you shouldn't wear tights at Walmart." He piped up.

I raised a brow. "And why is that?"