She turned to him with heartbroken eyes and a wistful smile. Harry sighed deeply and reached forward to wipe her tears away with the pads of his thumbs. They stood there for a moment in silence. Slowly, he put his forehead to hers.

"You know I love you, right?" Harry whispered softly. Atticus held in a sob, her heart aching with each word he spoke. "I love you so much, Atticus. Thank you for holding me together. Thank you for giving me your heart, Atticus."

"I-I love you too, oh, how I love you." Atticus replied just as softly, more tears spilling out of her wide eyes. With one last passionate kiss, he proceeded to leave, leaving behind a broken girl with a sealed fate.

Little did he know, this would be the last time he would hear her utter those cherished three words. 

When Atticus saw a sea of figures exiting the Forbidden Forest, she knew that the worst had happened. Those who fought against Voldemort stood tiredly in front of the entrance of the castle. Atticus refused to believe that the boy who had stole her heart was dead.

"N-Neville, who is that?" Atticus questioned softly, taking note of how he refused to meet her eye. "No, God, no. It's not him. It can't be him." She mumbled to herself. Her heart was racing as she watched Hagrid carry a limp body in his huge arms. When they stopped in front of them, Atticus felt her knees began to tremble.

"NO, NO." Atticus cried rushing forward, but Ron held her back. She struggled to get out of his grip, tears falling rapidly from her eyes. Atticus gave up and stopped struggling. Ron allowed her to cry into his shoulder, tears of his own falling.

"SILENCE, YOU FOOLISH GIRL. YOU CRY OVER THIS?" Voldemort shouted loudly.

"Tell me. These last few hours as you collected the dead and tended your wounded -- was he by your side?" Voldemort asked snidely. "While your hands ran dark with the blood of mothers and sons, fathers and daughters, brothers and sisters, his were clasped in prayer, but it was a prayer for one and one only. While you battled courageously, until you could no longer will yourself to stand, he had long since fallen to his knees. While you cursed me until your voices grew ragged, he begged me for mercy in a voice as meek as a child's."

"So do not cry for that . He's not worthy of your tears. And do not despair of his betrayal. You were never in his heart. Not for one single solitary beat." Voldemort said with narrowed eyes. Ron let go of Atticus and stepped forward threatingly.

"LIAR!" With a flick of his hand, Ron was on his knees in pain.

"Did you not hear me! Harry Potter is dead! From this day forward, you put your faith in me or suffer the consequences. HARRY POTTER IS DEAD!" Voldemort shouted menacingly. Atticus sobbed into Ginny's arms who was holding the broken girl tightly, refusing to allow her to go to Harry's dead body. Atticus sobbed, her eyes trained on his body. She didn't see Draco walking to his parents, she didn't see Neville confront Voldemort.

But, she swore the gods above, she saw Harry's head turn. When Neville whipped out the Sword of Gryffindor, all hell broke loose. Atticus watched with joy and relief as Harry spilled out of Hagrid's arms, running to the other side. Draco threw Harry his wand Harry quickly fired at Voldemort.

Nagini slithered towards Harry, but he was the quicker draw.

"CONFRINGO!"

Voldemort let out an angry roar and sent curses towards Harry. The walls around Harry exploded as he ran towards the Great Hall where Ron, Hermione, and Atticus stood waiting for him nervously.

"We need to kill the snake!"

"HARRY! LOOK OUT!" Neville shouted loudly, causing Harry to turn just in time to see Voldemort creeping behind him. Harry drew his wand at the same time Voldemort did and Neville stepped in between them. Voldemort fired a spell which hit the hilt of the Sword of Gryffindor, sending him flying backwards in to the Great Hall. Atticus gasped loudly.

The others in the Great Hall fired back, sending spells in the direction of Lord Voldemort. But, of course, he summoned a shield, protecting himself. Harry used this as a distraction, rushing away. Atticus joined the others in the Great Hall, sending spells towards the attacking wizards. She rushed forward to the aid of a struggling Seamus Finnagin. She fought bravely and vigilantly alongside him. Multiple streams of bright light flew passed them. Out of the corner of her eye, She could see Bellatrix Lestrange creeping behind an unsuspecting Ginny.

"NO!" She shouted as she ran as fast as her legs could carry her. Just as Bellatrix raised her wand, Atticus managed to push Ginny out of the way, sending her sliding across the floor. The last thing Atticus saw and heard was the blinding green light and the horrified screams of the Weasley's.

Atticus Wilde was dead and no one could do a damn thing about it.

A/N:

im literally sobbing rn omfg

epilouge up next lolololololololololol