part thirteen

Atticus sat in the Hogwarts express, staring out of the window. Neville and Ginny sat with her, silent. The tension was thick in the compartment and everyone could tell. It wasn't uncomfortable, it was just empty.

It had been a little over two and a half months since Luna had been snatched off of the Hogwarts Express. Since then, everyone had become more on edge. Atticus and the D.A. began to raise hell in the halls of Hogwarts, demanding to see their "Headmaster". There were brawls and many nights spent chained up being tortured relentlessly. The teachers who weren't affiliated with Voldemort tried their best to shield the students (mainly the younger ones) from the horrors that went on within the walls of the once beloved castle.

But, now as the three friends were on their way back home for the Easter holidays, they basked in the tranquility the express provided.

"Do you think she is okay?" Neville had blurted out interrupting the silence. Ginny and Atticus shared sympathetic glances. It was obvious Neville had become attached and greatly cared for the Lovegood girl.

"She's strong, Nev. She is okay." Atticus said gently, putting her hand on his shoulder. Neville nodded his head sadly, leaning into her touch slightly.

"Yeah, she is, isn't she."

When the train reached the station, Atticus and Ginny bid farewell to Neville and went their separate ways. She walked with Ginny to go greet Mr. Weasley, but to her surprise, her parents stood next to him.

"Mom? Dad?" She questioned softly. Over the past year, she had rarely been home. SHe was always at the Weasleys, helping in any way she could. But, with both her parents being muggles, they didn't really have a way to help in the war.

"Oh! Atticus, Darling. Look at you!" Her mother cried out and pulled her in to a very tight hug. Her mother petted her head and held her close as she cried.

"I have been so worried, come. Let's go home." Atticus pulled away and smiled at her parents. She asked to say goodbye to Ginny quickly. She hugged Ginny tightly and promised she would write as much as she could. Ginny gave Atticus a tight smile and gestured for her to go with her parents.

When Atticus reached her home, her parents instantly bombarded her with questions about the wizarding world. She realized that Mr. Weasley had probably told them about the new following in Hogwarts and everything else that was happening. She internally cringed knowing that her parents weren't ready to hear of this.

"You're not going back, it's too dangerous!" Atticus' mother said. Atticus instantly tried to argue with her but her mother silenced her with a look. Her dad nodded in agreement with her mother saying, "You may be of age in the wizarding community, but you aren't in our world. You are our child and we have the final say. You aren't going back. That's final."

Atticus nodded sullenly, dropping the topic of her return. She knew that it was no use to argue with her parents, they were right after all.

Though she agreed to not return to Hogwarts, little did they know that in a matter of weeks she would be back in the halls, fighting for her life along side the boy she loves.

A/N:

OKAY SO FOR THE REST OF THE STORY THERE WILL BE NO MORE PATTERN! IT WILL MAINLY BE WRITTEN IN ATTICUS'S POV BC WHY NOT!! ITS ALMOST TIME YOU GUYS, HAT WILL BE REUNITED SOOOOOON

(ALSO THERE IS A HUGE SUPRISE IN THE NEXT CHAPTER, BE PREPARED)

UNTIL NEXT TIME

XX