“What are you doing here?”

“Don’t you remember anything your mother told you?”

I thought back to this morning and frowned. Why the hell would my mother pull this shit with me? She knew when I was half asleep I’d agree to anything.

“Do you know when they’ll be back?” I asked while texting Ethan.

“Nope,” she popped the p.

I sighed. “I’m going to be in the basement.”

“So you’re just going to leave me here?”

“No one is allowed in the basement.” I told her simply.

“That’s not what I saw last week.” She was annoying me now.

“Well,” I took a step closer to her. “You’re not allowed in the basement.”

She stood from the couch and was in my face now. “Who the hell said I wanted to go down into your shabby ass basement anyways.”

“That’s not what you were implying a few seconds ago,” our faces were a few inches apart now. “And I know for a fact the basement isn’t what you want to go down on.” I smirked at her only earning a scowl.

Before she could say anything, the basement door let out a soft buzz and Ethan came up looking stoned as hell.

“What’s going on here?” he asked looking from one to the other.

“Nothing,” we both said. I left her there and was making my way down the stairs. I could hear several footsteps coming down behind me. Please don’t tell me Ethan let this bitch down here. Please Lord.  I sat on one of the couches and grabbed the controller for my playstation.

Abby huffed at me as she sat on the king sized bed beside the couch.

“Why the hell is she down here?”

“You can’t just leave your guests by themselves Taylor.” I rolled my eyes and he sat beside me patting my back.

Abby POV

After a tiresome hour of watching these two buffoons play call of duty black ops 2 online, I was close to throwing myself over a bridge. I was just about to stand and demand to be let out of this room when someone’s iPhone went off. Taylor answered with a gruff but sexy voice then made her way to the stairs. Wait… Sexy? What the hell did I even say just now?

I took the time to actually look around the room. It was basically a man cave. It had cream carpeting and a few table games knocking about. There was also the huge entertainment system which includes the infamous playstation 3. And as if this wasn’t enough, there were three huge couches below here. The Jaegers were pretty standard people, how the hell could they afford these luxuries?

I thought back to the first time I stepped into the house last week; when Ethan or whatever his name was and Taylor were higher than a kite. Were they drug dealers? Was this a safe house? I was pulled out of my excessive—be it crazy—thoughts by the young man with dark curly hair, vaguely resembling his cousin Taylor.

“So, how do you know the Jaegers?” he asked me.

“We used to be neighbors a few years back. In fact Taylor and I used to be best friends.”

He chuckled, “And what happened?”

“She changed. She used to be some innocent little girl who laughed for everything and was fun to be around; now look at her.”