Slow Mo-Steve Moakler

Slow Mo-Steve Moakler (14)

LOOKING ‘ROUND FOR PENNY FOR THE SLOW SONG AT THE END—AND HE FOUND HER LOOKING PETTY IN THE ARMS OF HIS BEST FRIEND.

So this is it. Only two or three chapters away before say goodbye to B and M’s story so bear with me the long pages. ANYWAYS. Are you waiting to find out what’s going to happen next? Stay tuned in Mile Breaking! -Katherine ♥

-

It was now day three. The festival is coming at us in slow motion but I can assure you it is coming.

Oh man, day three is great though. I did not wake up in the middle of the night but just the right time before my alarm clock pisses me off. I showered and dressed up before eating breakfast and had my hair fixed up before Matt picks me up.

I said my goodbye to Mom and dashed out the door, finding him coming up the front porch.

“Good morning,” he greets as he catches me just in time for a morning kiss. I grinned.

“Ditto,” I laughed and held his hand as we skipped to his car. He did the honour of opening the door for me, bowing at the pull-up like a gentleman and I had to curtsy to keep the play rolling. “Why, thank you, good sir,” I laughed again and I couldn’t remember the last time I’ve been this happy from morning till…well let’s wait and see if this reaches the midnight which I am hoping will reach midnight and tomorrow night and the day after that and that and that—

His car door slams shut and he starts the engine, gunning the car forward. I turned the radio on and tried to find a good station. I stopped at Avril Lavigne’s Here’s to Never Growing Up and Matt was staring at me like he could laugh at any minute.

I turned the volume way down and asked, “What?”

He shook his head. “Nothing,”

“It’s not ‘nothing’ I’m sure,” I pushed. “What is it?”

He hid his smile unsuccessfully and shook his head again.

“Matt!”

“Alright,” he chuckles. Then he gazes at me and breaks into a full flashy grin. “I’ve…I’ve just never seen you this happy in a while.”

“Well,” I said. “Who am I to thank for that?”

And without second thoughts, he replies confidently. “Me,” oh he is so cocky. “Of course, who else…?”

I leaned across to give him a peck on the cheek but he turns purposefully and kisses me deeply on the lips. “You got that fresh way of talking, it could be four in the morning and you’re making me trip—my heart skip, skip the beat.” I sang quietly as I leaned back on my seat and grinned at the road we’re driving on, feeling as if the sun hasn’t risen any higher and brighter than today.

-

I think when we got to lunch with the gang they were all in need of oxygen tanks.

“Are you two dating?” Landon laughs and Nathan comes, sitting beside him with Alice on his right. Nathan looks up at me, catching the word dating as he puts down his bag.

Matt looks at me and I shrug, his hand still in mine as I sat down across Landon. Then he takes his seat right next to me and gives Landon a wink.

“What? Suspense much,” L groans and Nathan pulls Alice’s tray with her protesting as he takes a pizza slice.

I sighed and stared at Matt. And then he nodded as a signal.

“What? Just spill,” Alice laughs now and we turn to them at the same time, saying the same words in synchronization.