Chapter 22: Fooled by the Devil

~~Chapter 22: Fooled by the Devil~~

“Alright, I’ve got something to say!”

          “Yeah, it’s better to burn out!”

          “Yeah, than fade away!”

          I pound my head against the glass of the window for the hundredth time, praying silently to myself that God would be gracious enough to put me out of my misery. I felt so sick that I was sure any moment now my ears were going to explode while I puke up whatever I could quickly chew down during one of Kamen’s thirty second bathroom breaks.

          “Gonna start a fire!”

          Four hours we had to drive. Alone with Kamen. No, if that wasn’t bad enough—he had to bring along his music as well.

          “Rise up! Gather round! Rock this place to the gro—“

          “SHUT UP!”

          “I CAN’T STAND THIS RACKET ANYMORE!” My hands started randomly pushing every button on the radio in Kamen’s car I could find as I desperately looked for the off button.

          Kamen only laughed at me from the driver’s seat. A sigh of relief escapes my mouth as the music finally stops and I can feel myself relaxing once more.

          “How much longer?” I groan, rolling my head back on the seat.

          “Well, that’s hard to say considering we have only been in the car for thirty five minutes.”

          I groaned and threw my head back roughly on the seat, much harder than I anticipated though. I let out a howl of agony and I quickly rubbed the back of my now sore head. I shot death glares at Kamen who was obviously enjoying this little stunt.

          “Keep your eyes on the road, pretty boy.” I growled shoving his head.

Kamen chuckles before turning his focus back onto the road for a change—thank god. I was positive this boy was going to make us crash one way or another, even if we are driving on a seemingly straight road to God knows where.

          Marriage boot camp. The couple days I had to emotionally prepare myself for this week long scheme of torture planned out just for me had been horrible. The worst, and heart-wrenching, part about this whole trip was that coincidently it was run none other than by—Becky Paley.

          Such a sweet, innocent, and overall ordinary name for any snotty, rich white girl living in California, but that is far from the truth. Marriage counselor. I bet she just made couples resent each other even more instead of bringing them closer. All she managed to do between me and Kamen is make me hate him even more, if that was even possible, for dragging me into the whirlpool of despair.  

          “Are we there yet?” I roll my window down and let some fresh air blow over my sappy, unwashed face.

          “The answer five minutes ago was no, and it still is no.” Kamen say, his eyes slowly drift off the road and onto me.

          “Good, I never wanna be within twenty miles of this oh-so-special boot camp. Why the hell do we even have to go?”

          This had been a question raking my mind ever since Kamen told me this ridiculous idea of this boot camp. The almost two months that Kamen and I had been playing this little charade had been nothing but seemingly meaningless dinner parties. But, nothing had even compared to a week-long camp with two of my least favorite people in the world—Becky and—