「31/31」 FINAL ♥

Start from the beginning

"Akki?"

"Yes." She says, and walks ten feet away from where she initially stood. She draws out two knives from her belt, placing one on the ground before she stands up straight again. She then glances to Dazai before she closes her eyes.

My own eyes are shut when I hear the knife hitting the wall somewhere from behind me.

"Aw come on, Akki, you can do better than that can't you? Try Kira next, Dazai will get such a kick out of it!" Chuuya grins at me, and I gulp.

"Chuuya..."

"Akki." The orange-head glares at his maroon-haired sister. The girl sighs loudly before she picks up the other knife.

I don't know if Chuuya is able to notice it or not, but his sister's hands are trembling so hard that she can barely take aim.

When I close my eyes, I feel a painful sensation by my right ear before I hear the noise of the knife falling down.

"Ooooh, you're improving!" Chuuya claps, and I open my eyes. The girl is staring at me, horrified, and Chuuya isn't able to notice this, either.

"Why are you doing this, Chuuya?" Dazai bellows, when he realizes what had happened. Blood begins to drip on my shoulder, and my legs lose its will to keep on standing.

"You know, you were supposed to die the other day too. But we had a problem and needed your help anyway. We don't need your help anymore. Dazai, do you know what day it is today?"

Dazai does not respond. Instead, he turns to face me.

"Does it... Hurt a lot?" Dazai whispers. I am not able to reply when Chuuya grabs Dazai's chin and turns the brunette's face toward his own.

"Listen to me, Dazai," He breaks in, "Today marks four years since you left the Mafia. And today will also mark the day you die."

"Try me." Dazai's voice sounds harsh, only raging Chuuya further. The orange-head glares at me before he turns to face his sister.

"Gather the men, Akki. We're ending this today." Chuuya urges, and the girl collects her knives and glances at me. When she passes by me, she whispers something near my injured ear.

"If I didn't do that, he'd suspect me. I'm sorry, I hope you escape."

When I glance at her in shock, she has the similar helpless look on her face as she did earlier, before faces Chuuya.

Akutagawa was right, she really does like Dazai...

"Where's Akutagawa-san?" I hear her ask. I use my leg to poke Dazai, and he slowly tilts his head a little towards me.

"I'm sorry I can't save you today, Kira-chan." He whispers to me.

"I sent him out for a mission because he's probably going to ruin something this time too." Chuuya lets out a small 'tch' and walks out. Akiya follows her brother away.

"I feel like crap." Dazai laughs, his head hanging loose.

"Hey, don't lose consciousness again, okay? I'm sure we'll think of something." I whisper.

"It feels cold." Dazai whispers back, and we realize that a cold air conditioning unit has set its target straight above us. A minute passes, and I already feel like dying.

"We're going to die, in this case!"

"Dazai might, but not you." A man's voice announces, and a tall man I don't recognize walks up to us.

"Ougai-san..." Dazai's eyes are wide and his voice trails off.

The man looks like he is in his mid 30's, his black hair swept to the back and red eyes glowing. He takes off the rope that was tied to my hands, and two beefy men grab me before I can run to Dazai.