「19/31」

19. "As I looked up to the sky... alone."

---

"Stats?"

"Akiko-san is as good as new, and thanks to her ability, Atsushi-kun and Kunikida-kun are conscious. We just need Dazai-san and Ranpo-san to regain consciousness before we can figure out what's wrong." I can hear Tanizaki say to the President.

I am sitting in the chair in between Ranpo and Dazai's bed, and Akiko is sitting in front me. We take responsibility for the two, and the rest of the people go to take rests. Everyone did have a long day, after all.

"Chiyo Kira." The Presidents' sudden calling of my name takes me by shock, and I stand up abruptly.

"Here." He hands me something in the shape of a brown square. When I take it, I can tell that it is leather. I open it and some kind of symbol, along with the words 'Armed Detective Agency' is written in bold print.

"I officially, and personally accept you as a member. Welcome to the Agency, Kira." He says.

I am overcoming with emotions and my hands tremble. I clutch the Identification, and give him a bow.

"Thank you, President. I won't let you down."

"I'm sure you won't." He replies, and makes his way out.

"Kira-san so cool!" Naomi cheers when the president is out of earshot, and Kenji gives me a high five. The two, along with Tanizaki then head off to bed after saying their goodnights.

Akiko lifts her head from the bedsheet of Ranpo's bed, and eyes me.

"And you say you're not sure whether you like him or not." She laughs, pointing at the trench coat I am wearing.

"I-It's not like I like him or anything." I blurt out, and Akiko ruffles my hair.

"Now if only these two idiots would wake up." She murmurs.

"Akiko-san! Kira-san!" Kyouka's voice call out, and we see her and Atsushi come inside. Atsushi is holding a paper bag in hand, which Kyouka takes from him.

"I know you both are sad because Dazai-san and Ranpo-san are not waking up. That's why I went and bought this!" She announces, and hands the two of us two small boxes.

When we open it in unison, we see that each box is filled with boiled tofu and crepes.

"Whenever I'm sad, Atsushi-kun buys me them. So I hope you become happy when you eat it too." The innocent smile of the 14 year old melts my heart, and Akiko and I squish the indigo-haired girl into a tight hug.

"Kyouka! I love you!" Akiko cries, and I ruffle her long, slick hair.

Atsushi is smiling at us, and I move away.

"Aw, does Atsushi-kun want to hug Kyouka too?"

Atsushi's face goes red, and he raises his hands into an X formation.

"N-N-No! You've got it all wrong, Kira-san!"

When we glance at Kyouka, her face isn't any less red than the white-head's.

"Now go sleep, you two. We'll be on watch for tonight." Akiko advices to the two, and they nod before they glance at the two men who were unconscious.

I pick up a piece of tofu and take a bite. Akiko picks up a strawberry from inside the crepe, when Kyouka taps my shoulder.

"D-Dazai-san..."

Our eyes land on Dazai, and we see that his eyes were open. He is staring right at me, and there are tears in the corner of his eyes.