「31/31」 FINAL ♥

31. 'Losing the things that are most precious to me, I'll realize what real love is.'

---

My stomach begins to ache as I make my way upstairs. I had decided on what I had to do, and I walk up to my shared room with Dazai. Minutes later, Dazai enters the room, leaning against the door post. His lips are parted a little when he sees that I am packing my belongings.

"Kira-chan."

"I'm not going to quit the Agency, Dazai. But I'll move out." I say softly. His gaze unwavering, he continues to stand and watch me as I fold my clothes.

"Does this have anything to do with Akutagawa?" Dazai wants to know, and I look up from my clothes.

"No, Dazai. This has everything to do with you." I reply.

"Then what were you doing with him just now, outside?"

I don't know what to reply to that. I continue my task in silence, after which Dazai falls quiet as well.

When I stand up to go and take the toilet supplies, Dazai lets out a loud yelp. When I jolt my head to where he was, he is pushed down to the ground by four beefy men.

What on Earth-

Before I can come to a conclusion, before I can even move away, two more people get inside, and one covers my mouth with something.

An unconscious Dazai is the last thing I see before I fall to the ground with a thud.

---

When I open my eyes drowsily, I find that my hands are tied to my back, and I am leaning against a pillar. On my left, I see that Dazai is in the same state as I was, though he still looked knocked out.

"Ah, I see you're awake, Kira." A voice says excitedly, and Nakahara Chuuya comes to view from behind me.
I feel too weak to say anything in reply, and he walks up to Dazai.

"Oi, Vagabond, wake up." He hisses, slapping Dazai's face hard. The brunette responds by stirring a little, before his eyes slowly open.

"Chuuya... You did this." He rasps.

"Of course! Ah, Kira, you look as lovely as ever!" Chuuya lets me know. He runs a hand through my hair before he shakes his head in disapproval.

"Did you really thing you would change the way he was? He was suicidal even before I met him, and you expected him to change in just under a couple weeks? I pity you, Kira."

I feel my lips tremble at what he said, because each word was so true.

So true that it hurt.

He then claps his hands together in excitement.

"Oh Dazai, I'd like you to meet my little sister, Akiya." He announces, poking Dazai's cheek. We hear footsteps and a girl of about my height appears in to view. Chuuya's smile turns into a grin as she comes close to us.

It takes me a couple minutes to recognize her as the girl who queried about Akutagawa's whereabouts.

Akiya..?

That's the girl Akutagawa said was his subordinate! So she's... Chuuya's sister?

However, she does not look too happy about this fact. In fact, she has a frown on her face.

"Meet my cute sister, Nakahara Akiya!"

"Chuuya, shut up." She replies.

"What are you going to do to us?" My voice is hoarse and raspy for some reason,

"Oh, well you see, my sister here is still pretty bad at combat. I thought I'd let her practice shooting some knives here. You know, a live demo?" Chuuya smiles, patting her sister's shoulder. Akiya's frown becomes deeper as she gulps a little.