Chapter Twenty Three

(A/N: there's a little time skip here so I apologize for that but I want the majority of this story to be maya in Hogwarts. Plus I'm a little rusty on the pjo universe anyways. Thanks and hope you enjoy!)

We were lost.

In a dark cavern.

With no way to get out.

And limited food supply.

And to top it off, I was with Grover and Tyson, both terrified of each other.

In other words, I was just having a fantastic time.

"Guys, we've got to find a way out of here. And then we have to somehow find Percy and Annabeth," I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

We were in the middle of the Labyrinth, trying to complete Annabeth's quest. She had chosen all four of us, despite the rule that only three demigods could go on a quest together. Annabeth had said she needed us all. And I was willing to be there for her like she had always been there for me.

So we had embarked on a quest in the Labyrinth, with a fairly near deadline. And we had to stop the Titan army invading Camp Half Blood before the summer solstice. No pressure.

I sighed deeply, and rubbed my temples. I was stressed out, and it was giving me a headache.

Then, Grover collapsed.

I opened my eyes, and gasped. Grover was splayed out on the ground, his eyes closed. I didn't even know if he was breathing.

I quickly kneeled down and checked his pulse. I breathed a sigh of relief when I felt the steady thump against my fingertips. I shook his shoulders, but he seemed out cold.

I glanced up at Tyson. "What happened? I close my eyes for a second and then terrible things happen," I threw my arms up exasperatedly.

"I-I don't know. There was a breeze, and then he fell," Tyson explained nervously.

I ran my hands through my hair, stress taking over. I couldn't handle this right now. We were already lost in a massive Labyrinth, and I didn't need any more problems to add to the pile.

"Maya?!"

I spun around, startled by the sudden, yet familiar voice.

"Percy!" I cried, running up and throwing my arms around him. He hugged me back, and I held on tighter. I sighed into his shoulder, relief flooding through me. "Thank the gods you're okay," I breathed.

He squeezed my hand as I pulled away, a small, relieved smile on his face. "I'm just glad we finally found you."

I walked over and gave Annabeth a hug to rival Molly's, and that's when I noticed they weren't alone.

I looked the newcomer up and down. She had curly red hair, bright green eyes, and freckles dappled her cheeks. Her jeans were decorated with paint splatters and little doodles, and her eyes were wide, with fear or wonder, I don't know.

But the thing that bugged me the most, was that she was strikingly familiar. And it was on the tip of my tongue, but I couldn't see it place it.

"Who's she?" I asked turning to Percy and Annabeth.

"Rachel Elizabeth Dare," Annabeth replied, and I swear I heard a hint of jealousy in her voice. I cocked my head to the side, squinting at her. She just looked at me and mouthed, 'Later'.

Confused, I focused my attention back onto Rachel Elizabeth Dare.

"And why is she here?"

"Um, she can see through the Mist, and can find her way through the Labyrinth," Percy cut in. I raised my eyebrows and turned back to her.

She looked miffed from being talked about while she was standing right there, but I didn't really care. Something was off about her, and I didn't like it.

I gave a small sigh, turning back around and going to check on Grover. I kneeled down next to him, helping him sit up as he mumbled something under his breath. I recounted the events that had occurred since we had gotten split up as I helped Grover. He seemed fine, but he had a faraway look in his eye.

Then, all of a sudden, he jumped up, and started running- or trotting I guess- towards something we couldn't see.

I exchanged confused glances with the group, but regardless we hurried after him. No matter what any of us said to him, Grover just continued on, a bright look in his eye.

I ran along after him until we came to an opening in the wall. From inside, I could hear the sounds of animals.

Animals? I thought. What would animals be doing deep inside the Labyrinth?

As soon as we entered the mouth of the cave, my question was answered.

I gasped and stumbled backwards, and I would've fallen if it hadn't been for Annabeth catching me.

Sitting right in front of me, was Pan.

Grover found Pan.

__________________________
HEY GUYS LONG TIME NO SEE!! Sorry I've been gone so long I've been having trouble with these little filler chapters but I'm back! I'm going to try to update in the next few days if I don't have too much geometry homework. But there should only be one more filler chapter and then we're back to Hogwarts!! I'm so excited for Maya's fourth year I have so much planned and I'm just really excited okay long a/n but ly guys and thanks for hanging in there 💘 hope you all enjoyed and don't forget to comment and vote! Bye guys!!

xoxo
Michaela