Chapter Six

The weeks flew by, and soon it was Christmas break. The Weasley twins had invited me over to the Burrow to spend the break with them. It would be the first time I went over to their house, seeing as I was busy all summer from the quest.

The twins and I boarded the train, finding an empty compartment. I sat on one side by myself while Fred and George sat next to each other. We started planning out pranks for when we got back to school, consisting of putting pink hair dye into Snape's shampoo bottle. If he even uses shampoo. I mean, come on. Have you seen how greasy his hair is?

We were halfway to Platform 9 3/4, and we had just finished planning pranks for the next few months. It was getting hot in the compartment, so I took off my zip up sweatshirt and got a book, seeing as the boys were immersed in their own conversation.

"Maya what happened to your arm?" George pointed to the scars the empousa had left a few weeks before, and I realized you could see them since I was wearing a t shirt.

"Oh those? Nothing really, just my dog jumped on me and accidentally scratched me," I shrugged it off and hid my face in my book. My heart was pounding; if they found out what I was, I would just be putting them in danger.

"I didn't know you had a dog. I thought you were a cat person?" Fred said, exchanging looks with George.

"I am. But my godfather has a dog, and that's who I live with, so it's sort of my dog too, if that makes any sense," I lied. I was really getting nervous now.

"You have a godfather?" George said.

"Doesn't everyone?"

"You said you went to a summer camp in the summer though," Fred said, suspicion lacing his voice.

"I do. My godfather works and lives there," I thought of Chiron at this point. Even though he wasn't technically my godfather, he was as good as. And he did live and work at CHB, so it wasn't a complete lie.

Just then, we pulled into King's Cross, and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I hurriedly put my book away, and pulled my jacket back on. I grabbed my trunk and the twins and I got off the train and met with the Weasley family.

We traveled in Mr. Weasley's Ford Anglia, which had expanded to fit all of us. I sat in between Ginny and Fred, and I mostly talked to Ginny to avoid any more questions from the twins.

A little while later, we arrived in front of a tall house that looked like it could fall over any minute. We walked inside and I immediately felt at home. The house was decorated with warm maroons and oranges, and it was neat and clean, but it actually looked like someone lived here.

"Sorry it's not much," Fred walked up next to me with a small apologetic smile.

"Are you kidding? I love it! It feels like home," I smiled and Fred's face broke into a grin.

Ginny led me up to her room, where I'd be sleeping while I was at the Burrow.

We chatted a bit, and we ended up becoming pretty close.

Christmas break passed by too quickly. Soon, we were on the train back to Hogwarts.

The twins had tried to ask me more questions a few days into break, but I would do my best to avoid them. They hadn't asked for a while, so I'm guessing they took the hint that I didn't want to talk about it.

Then life continued on as normal. Or as normal as it gets for the life of a demigod.

• • • • •

The day's turned into weeks, and the weeks turned into months. Before I knew it, my second year at Hogwarts was over.

I rode Bermuda back to Camp Half Blood, since no one could come pick me up from Kings Cross, considering they lived in New York.