《no. 3》 || uncanny conversations

After returning from the mission to taunt the Detective Agency, Chūya was returning to the base of Port Mafia, feeling pretty accomplished with his feats. His eyes trailed around the scenery in front of him, finally landing upon the female in front of him.Sighing with light irritation, Chūya called out the female's name, causing the brunette to turn around.

"What is it, Chūya?" Ōoka replied, questioning look written above her expression.

"I've been wanting to ask you this since 4 years ago, but what exactly is your Ability?"

He watched her come to a halt as she waited for him to catch up with her, a thoughtful look flashing across her usually cheerful face.

"Hmm... From what I know, I can oppress anyone and anything I want to if I even have the smallest memory of seeing them or it," the said female answered, putting her index finger on her lips as she thought more.

"And... I can only activate my Ability to one people or object around me, I can't disobey the laws of Physics--"

"Your Ability disobey that law already," Chūya chimed, crossing his arms.

"No no, like, I can't oppress air or water or inertia or whatever."

"I thought gravity is also considered as part of the unchangeable law of this world. And yet, you can oppress my Ability," Chūya retorted, snorting. He snickered lightly as he could see Ōoka's face contort into a rather confused one.

"You're actually right. I'm not sure about that either... Okay, I take back my statement about Physics or such. I'm not even sure myself where my Ability can apply to in that field," Ōoka quickly concluded, continuing on with her description. "But anyways, I can't oppress any indirect objects and Abilities, too."

"By that?"

"You know John Steinbeck? One of the Guild member we lured out?"

"Yeah?"

"Take that, for example. Once he activates his Ability and the vines take over, I can't do anything. If the Ability relies on materialistic objects like plants and pens and guns, I can't oppress them."

Chūya nodded his head and put a hand on his chins, thoughtful expression surfaced on his face.

"Anything more?" He asked, after a short moment of silence.

Shake of the said female's head was all he got.

"Ah, right," the said female suddenly called, causing Chūya to save his thoughts and briefly cast a glance at her.

"I have to buy some snacks to eat tonight so... Go first," Ooka said, pointing to the direction where a nearby supermarket was.

"I'll go with you," Chūya replied, raising his eyebrows.

The said female waved her hands dismissively. "Nah."

"Hmm, 'kay then. I'll see you at the base," Chūya casually replied, waving his hand at her. "See ya later."

"Bye bye~"

... As much as clichéd it may sound, Chūya regretted leaving Ōoka alone that day, few hours later.

Ōoka walked along the streets of Yokohama, taking in the sight of the scenery around of her.

While walking, her mind wandered back to the moment when Chuya and she talked about her Ability. While recalling the conversation, Ōoka found herself sighing in relief as she could remember how she didn't tell her friend about her Ability's... Well, let's call it the "true form."

At the thought of it, Ōoka's eyes unconsciously darkened. Nobody needed to know about her cursed side of the Ability anyways.

While concluding her thoughts like that, Ōoka continued to walk to her destination, her peripheral vision briefly catching a sight of two familiar figures not long after. Once she realized who they were, her eyes widened in horror.

'Q and... Lovecraft?!'

Ōoka's pace hastened as she weaved through the wave of people blocking her way. She had to hurry — that idiot boy was going to get himself in serious trouble!

"Yumeno! Get back!" Ōoka yelled frantically, dashing towards the said younger male.

Before Lovecraft could make an assault to the younger male, Ōoka intercepted the attack, sharply pulling the said boy into her embrace. As a result, her body harshly fell back, causing her to fall straightly on her bum.

"Ow..." The said female grumbled, feelings tears collecting at the corner of her eyes due to the sharp jolt of pain shooting up her spine.

"Shō...hei?" Yumeno dully mumbled, a surprised look etching on his face.

"That would be Ōoka nee-chan for you, brat," Ōoka lightly joked, her eyes trailing towards Lovecraft, narrowing into a glare.

"Lovecraft..." The brunette glared, her eyes turning sharp and cold.

"Ōo...Ka..." The said man stated, his dull eyes turning into a rather surprised one.

"Yeah, long time no see, tentacle man," the said female snarled, smiling sardonically. "What business might you have with this young boy?" Her grip on Yumeno tightened.

Blinking down at the two figures in front of him, Lovecraft suddenly remembered how and what his original mission was.

"Fitzgerald-san... Mission... He... Said to bring him... Bring you back... If you are here," the said man slowly started, his... tentacles... starting to actively move again. "Deal... Must be fulfilled..."

"Shōhei! Do something!" Yumeno frantically yelled, squirming under her embrace.

Ōoka could only smile wryly at his remarks.

"Sorry dear boy, my oppression Ability doesn't shine in this area," she said, pushing Yumeno into her arms harder. "Don't worry, I'll keep you safe. You trust me?"

"No."

"Thought so," Ōoka muttered, single thought flashing across her mind before everything went black.

Hwello, audiences. ANTIable is back!

Finally, a development happening. Hmu. This was really a filler chapter, other interesting chapters would come in next chapter! Huehuehuehuehue... Ah, Hypermnesia chapter is also going to come out pretty soon, check that later on, too ;)

I'm sorry for having such choppy storyline, English isn't my mother tongue and such. Please cope with that *cries*.

Out!

-ANTIable-