《no. 2》 || the invasion

Once arriving at the scene where Fukuzawa Yukichi beat the crap out of the hired assassins, Chūya clicked his tongue in distaste while Ōoka poked at the unconscious bodies with her foot.

"Tsk. That's why I said outsiders couldn't be trusted," the said ginger haired male grumbled, scornfully looking down at the bodies laying in front.

"Did you? I never heard that," Ōoka mused in front of him, readjusting her earsets. "Ah ah, Mori-san, can you hear me? The attack failed, even though we had men tailing him," she continued, looking up at the sky while starting to walk towards Chūya.

// Well, he is the leader of the detectives after all. As I said before, I never expected anything different. \\

Mori's voice rang out through both of the partner's earsets, making Chūya nod slightly in agreement.

// But, it's no big deal. Carry on with the plan, Chūya, Ōoka. The scandium markers that we planted on the assassins sleeves... Are those clear? \\

Upon the mention of the small tracker, Ōoka moved right next to Chūya, watching silently as the said man took out his phone out, checking the signal.

"Looks like that's the jackpot," Ōoka mused, a rare insulting look flashing across her face before it quickly disappeared.

"Signal's clear."

// Then that's the Detective's safe house. Both of you, let's score the first hit. \\

"Roger~"

Once they found their way into an abandoned underground train track, Ōoka started to grumble about how it was colder than she had expected it to be. 

// Ah, as expected, invading an enemy's base is always so delightful. \\ Mori's voice suddenly rang out through the eaarset.

The female grunted in response, she felt Chūya briefly glance towards her.

// Ōoka, once the performance begins, you'll be warmed up in a matter of seconds. Now... Are we ready for it? \\

"All ready, sir," Chūya replied.

"I'm cold."

// The military force of this operation is enough to completely annihilate the Detective Agency. \\

"I'm cooooold."

// I look forward to this exceptional melody. \\

"Cold cold cold cold cold co--" Ōoka ranted, abruptly stopping she felt something warm suddenly drape around her, making the said female look up. "...Oho?"

She looked at Chūya with a dumbfounded expression, wordlessly watching the man in front of her securely placed his coat around her shoulders.

"Shut up, walk," was all he said, further shocking the said female.

...Was that... Blush on his cheeks?! Ōoka felt her face heat up slightly upon realizing that indeed, that Nakahara Chūya had given her his coat, and that he was slightly embarrassed. Though this wasn't anything new, it happened rarely, and whenever it happened, Ōoka felt her heartbeat speed up, face heating up.

// Are you now motivated? \\ Mori's smug voice echoed, further extending the blush on the female's cheeks.

"...Sh-Shut up, child-loli!" The brunette exclaimed, flustered. She quickly took out her earsets and shoved it in her pocket, huffing. While grumbling beneath her breath about how Mori was being a complete eyesore and an asshole, Ōoka noticed how Chūya had also taken his earset out, humming an unknown tune while twirling the said apparatus around his fingers. Eyeing the said man carefully, then turning her attention back to the dark tunnel way, Ōoka unconsciously gripped the coat around her shoulders tighter, feeling the warmth of the clothing seep in. Continuing to walk, Ōoka would feel a strange sense of incongruity radiate from the tunnel way, causing her to dart her eyes around.