Sitting on the foot of her bed, I grabbed her hand and clasped it around mine, her fingers as cold as ice. "What's really wrong, Acacia?" I gave her a concerned look, feeling my brows furrowing deeper. "What's happening to you?"

Acacia heaved a deep sigh and gave me a small smile. "Close your eyes," she whispered.

"This isn't a game, Acacia."

"Just close your eyes."

Heaving a sigh, I closed my eyes. I'm not in the mood for an argument and just let her be. I'd further exhaust herself if I kept going against what she wants.

"Think of the first person you see. Who is it?"

I rolled my eyes mentally but thought about it anyways. Suddenly, a picture of Heather's smile came into mind. My face softened and my brows separated, a smile spreading through my face.

"Heather," I said in a heartbeat.

But I realized it was Acacia's smile— not Heather's.

"Do you really want her to be yours?"

A big grin spread through my lips. "Ever since freshman year."

I felt a paper slid to my hand, and my eyes opened immediately. Looking down at it, seven numbers were written in a girly-handwriting. A confused look was on my face as I looked at Acacia.

"It's Heather's number," she clarified.

I looked at her in astonishment, my eyes going wide as I looked back down on her number. "How'd you get it?"

"I have some tricks up my sleeve," she laughed remorsefully.

"I thought you said she's not good for me?" I asked her with a quizzical look.

Acacia gave me a smile, squeezing my hand. "If she makes you happy, who am I to judge?" She sighed sadly, eating another small piece of donut before going back to her resting position. "Can you call Parker for me? I have to talk to him."

I smiled before resting my hand on her cheek, using my thumb to caress it. "You're the best best friend anyone could ever have, you know that?" Acacia smiled before nodding slowly. Leaning forward, I kissed her forehead lightly, a friendly affection. "Get well soon, all right?" Standing up, I left the hospital room and called Parker in, leaving them privately. I looked at them with a huge grin, not being able to contain my excitement. The group looked at me in confusion, as if I had grown a second head.

"What's up with you?" Lacy asked with furrowed brows.

I help up the small piece of paper that Acacia gave me a while ago, my grin getting wider. "I got Heather's number."

"What!" Thompson's eyes went wide, walking towards me and grabbing the paper in between my fingers. He looked down at it and read it over and over again, probably not believing the numbers on the paper. "How'd you get it?"

"Acacia," I shrugged casually. "She didn't tell me how, though."

"This is good," Thompson nodded his head. "You're gonna text her, right?"

"Of course, I am, dummy," I grinned at all of them. "This is just the first step."

---

Jenny rolled her eyes at me, an annoyed expression on her face as she squinted her eyes at me. "Um, a little help here?"

"Oh," I grinned at her as I put my phone away in my pocket before grabbing both cups of coffee from her other hand.