thank you

hi friends,

i've decided to come back on this story and write a formal thank-you to everyone who has read/is reading this story (and other works of mine, of course). you all mean so much more than you realize to me, and i can't thank you enough for all the support you provide despite my inactiveness. i always see your votes and comments via email, and it really brightens my day.

this book, along with many others that i have written, is unlike my style of writing now. i, to be honest, haven't written half as much as i used to; looking back on these, though, makes me come to terms that i've matured (both physically and in writing). i don't view this story the way i used to; therefore, i do not plan to write a sequel for this book. i'm sorry to any of you who looked forward to one (or thought this was an announcement for one)!! i'm sure your creative minds will work wonders and continue this story better than i could've (-:

also, i'm here to clear any confusions about this story! i have a bit of a backstory writing flowers, so allow me to explain:

boy meets girl, another danxreader i'd written prior to this book, had taken off (if you want to put it that way). i was, for a time, proud of myself for it - that is, until i realized my book applied to binary genders. i, at the time, was quite unaware of the lgbtq+ community and didn't pay much attention to it (i know, weird coming from a biromantic!), thus i neglected many other genders while writing. i felt terrible, and there was no way i could change the entire story to fit all genders.

another thing was that i found bmg (boy meets girl, too lazy to type it out again) very, very fluffy. like, seriously; i'm into cute relationships, but i personally feel that i turned it a notch too high. way to go, 12-year old mik. so what was the opposite of fluff? sadness, grief? a bittersweet end to what seemed like a utopia, a euphoric story?

and thus, flowers was born.

i'm not saying this story is a polar opposite of bmg. i just felt the need to make a danxreader that (indirectly) touched subjects that bmg couldn't reach. for example, you will not find a single binary pronoun (other than they, but i have no idea what type of pronoun that is) in this story that regards the reader. this story also refers to the reader (or person being shipped with dan) as "dan's little flower" for that purpose. i didn't want to single any gender out, nor did i want to make any person feel uncomfortable with any pronouns. i sincerely apologize if i did that in bmg.

another subject i want to touch on is cancer. i'm aware that some readers may have experience with these real-life events, or perhaps reminds them of something. if any of this story is triggering to any of you, please let me know and i'll put a trigger warning right away. i had absolutely no intention of bringing up a touchy subject in this story to harm anyone or trigger anything, and i'm extremely sorry if any part makes you uncomfortable. i also apologize if anything is slightly inaccurate; i am not familiar with cancer and did some research before writing, but i am no doctor and therefore can't prove everything i wrote as medically correct. if there's something that should be fixed, feel free to let me know.

if you still feel confused/uncertain about this story, the comments are always open for discussion, and i'd be happy to answer any you leave here :)

thank you again (so much) for reading my stories! i appreciate you all to bits for sticking with me on my literary journey, and i hope to write more for you all soon x

-mik