Prologue

Have you ever heard of a different world full of mythical creatures that you never knew about and existed; like the fairies and elves and nymphs you have heard of in the story books?

Well, all of those stories are true.

They may not exist in our own realm, where it is just full of humans and regular plants and animals. They all exist in another realm; one that has not been touched for centuries and it has just about every kind of creature you can imagine.

Goblins, trolls, angels, demons.

All sorts of them.

Shall I give you a guide of the creatures you will most likely read as you proceed more into the book?

Elves: There are two types of elves. The first one is the short, childlike ones that have high-pitched voices and tend to be clumsy. Think of Santa's elves. The second type is the tall, lanky ones that are like normal people but taller and more stealthy.

Dark angels: They're usually cold and distant. However, there are rare cases where they turn out to be nice and friendly. If you get on the good side of a dark angel, they are extremely loyal and they will do anything to protect you.

Angels: They are nice and friendly, of course; but, there are some mean angels out. They are either dead and have revived as an angel or they were born as one. Which is the same kind of thing on how Dark angels came to be. They are loyal when they first meet you, but kinda set out to kill you and send you to Hell if you betray them.

Demons: Those nasty, evil people. They're basically the only race that doesn't have a good bone in their bodies. They usually have horns and a pointy tail; they can also take your soul when provoked or you sell your soul to them. If you sell your soul to them, you turn into a demon as well.

Nymphs: There are water, plant, and just about any nature/plant types of nymphs; they can range to a puddle of water to a great, big boulder. They have to stay near their home and protect, or else if they went away from it for too long or it is destroyed, they are dead, unfortunately.

Vampires. The blood-sucking creatures of the night. They are usually evil and want to take your blood, but we all know that even a bad race can have good people. They are usually deathly pale and have red eyes and fangs, and they can't be out in the sun without some shade or some 1,000,000 SPF sunlotion. Sadly, they don't make that yet.

Werewolves: Like wolves, but human during the day or when they want to. They turn into massive wolves on a full moon. After the first change, that is unfortunately painful, they can turn into their wolf form at anytime they like.

Shapeshifters: They are people that can transform into one animal of any kind. They look like normal people, unless you see the ones where their half-whatever-animal-they-are and half-human. Sometimes, where their ears and tail were at, they tend to get a little itchy in that spot, for some of those unlucky ones. Rarely, there are ones that can transform into anything, literally.

Witches and sorcerers: They're both the same, just that witches are female and the sorcerers are male. Sometimes the females like to be called sorceresses. They deal with magic and potions and they usually work at potion stores or clinics if they mastered the healing magic.

Dwarves: They are short, a bit chubby, people that are the height of a nine-year-old human. They are good diggers and miners and most of the time, they seem like they rather pass up their friends than pass up their gold.

Satyrs: They are half-goat, half-human. They are protecters of the forest, so they live within the forests. Occasionally, you'll see those few that live in villages instead of forests.

Centaurs: Basically satyrs, but half-horse (or donkey sometimes) and half-human. Poor donkey centaurs...

Fairies/Pixies: Fairies inhabit the forest and protect it along with causing mischievous to anyone that goes through the forest.

Mermaids. Half-fish and half-human. They inhabit the sea and oceans, sometimes lakes too. The men-version of the mermaids are called mermen and as stated before, the females are mermaids.

Now, those were the species that are human-like and able to live in villages and are docile. Minus the fairies, centaurs, and satyrs; they prefer forests! Most of the time. Mermaids can't be out of water whatsoever. Demons can't be in villages, because nobody really likes demons. Nymphs can live in the village, they just need to carry something that was part of their home.

I shall proceed to explain the creatures in this book that are not able to live in villages, because they are too big or too wild.

Ibong Adarna (Adarna for short): They are legendary birds of the Philippines. They are described to have metallic feathers and a long fancy tail. The color (pearl, bronze, diamond, emerald, etcetera) of their feathers change between each of the seven song it knows. It's songs are believed to lull people into sleep and cure any type of affiliations.

Trolls: They are 8 feet tall beasts, that are not the smartest things in the world. They are able to talk coherently, but their brains are literally the size of a peanut.

Goblins: They are green, little monsters that are the height of a child and roam the forests and lands. They cause mischievous when someone gets in their way.

Minotaurs: Massive half-bull, half-man creatures. They have the torso of a man, though a bit hairier than a regular man, and the the head and legs of a bull. They charge full speed at anything in its path.

The Kraken: A huge squid that could fill up a small house entirely. They rarely surface and they are very aggresive.

Griffins: They are the head of a eagle, body of an lion, along with a pair of eagle-like wings. They are very aggressive and they do like to do some riddles. When captured, they go through a process of training that makes them loyal and do anything that their master tell them to do.

Dragons: They are big scaly lizards with wings on them. They breathe either fire, water, ice, or earth magic. Their scales can range from a white to a bright blue.

Will-O-Wisps: They are little blue lights that flicker and lead people into what they intend to go to. They will occasionally cause mischevious, but they only appear and do what you wish if you have good intentions.

That concludes our guide of the mythical creatures you will most likely read further into the book.

Please, enjoy.