Chapter 1

Remus Lupin waved to his parents and pushed his trolley through the wall that lead to platform nine and three-quarters. It was his fifth year at Hogwarts. He looked around the crowd of people and screeching owls to look for his three friends, James Potter, Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew. They had been friends since first year and shared a dormitory together. They also knew about his condition. Remus was a werewolf, and his three friends found out in their second year, after a full year of Remus saying that his mother was ill every full moon. As he looked, he tried to hide his face as during the last full moon, he had scratched his face, leaving behind a scar running across his nose.

Just as Remus had given up on looking for one of his friends, someone slammed into his back and pulled him into a hug. They both laughed as Remus stumbled.

"Hi Padfoot," Remus greeted.

"Moony!" Sirius exclaimed. "How dare you become prefect? Actually, why would you even be chosen to be prefect? You're just as bad as we are!"

"Merlin knows," Remus muttered, thankful that Sirius hadn't commented on his scar. They boarded the train together. "Maybe Professor McGonagall thought I would stop you from playing pranks on everyone."

"But you won't, will you?" Sirius asked with large eyes. Remus took the moments to admire him before shaking his head.

Remus had always liked Sirius more than a friend. It was hard not to. He had beautiful grey eyes and black hair that he grew long to rebel against his parents. He was exactly Remus' type. But Sirius knew nothing about his feelings towards him, so Remus didn't act on them.

When they reached their cabin, James and Peter were already there, talking excitedly. James saw them first as Peter had his back to them. His face brightened and he bounded over to give them hugs.

"What took you so long? We've been here for hours!" He said dramatically, throwing himself down on a seat. Sirius rolled his eyes.

"I doubt it, Prongs."

"Shut up," James laughed. "Hey Sirius, can you do it?"

Remus furrowed his eyebrows. What were they talking about? James and Sirius had planned something without telling Peter or Remus, which never happened.

"Yup!" Sirius exclaimed.

"Great! Peter can do it too," James replied.

So, they had told Peter as well. "What are you talking about?" He asked.

Peter looked at him, panicked. James and Sirius looked at him like they had forgotten that he was there.

"Nothing," James said before changing the subject to start talking about Lily. All three of them groaned.

Remus turned away and started a conversation with Peter about his holidays, leaving Sirius to ignore James as best as he could. Apparently, Peter had gone to France and fallen in a river. It was more than what Remus had done. He had stayed home all holidays, only going out for the full moon, where he was locked up in an abandoned house. After an hour, the gentle rocking of the train lulled him to sleep.

-

Sirius was talking to James when Remus' head fell onto his shoulder. He turned his head to find his nose brushing against Remus' hair. He fought the urge to take a sniff and instead adjusted his body so it would be more comfortable for Remus. He turned back to James, who was smirking.

"What?" Sirius demanded.

"Nothing," James said innocently. Sirius narrowed his eyes at James but decided to change the subject.

"Do you think our plan will work?" He asked.

"Definetely. I read about it. I don't want him to go through this by himself," James replied.