16. Unexpectedly Expected| AU

Start from the beginning

"Not at all!"

"But I still remember how gorgeous you looked." Scarlet pinched on Lucy's cheek. Her grip was rather hurtful. It left a red mark behind. "But, now look at you! You're all a grown young lady." Commented the villain. 

"So, why are you here again?" The redheaded dodged her compliments. Scarlet walked beside her husband, embracing his hand. "Oh, you know. The usual. Stealing stuff here and there." She signalled with her hands. Lucy slipped her hand on her waist. "You know I am an agent trapping villains, right?" Warned the agent. 

"And would you trap your helpless parents away?" Scarlet snapped.

"..." Lucy pouted, averting her eyes.

"Exactly."

"How do you know where I live." The redheaded asked. "Simple, I tracked you down from a computer!" Herb smiled at his accomplishment. Lucy secretly murmured how they didn't do that when she was crying her eyes out in the orphanages. Little did she know that it was clear what she said. Herb tried to lightened mood. He walked towards her daughter again with her wife by his hand. He placed Scarlet beside Lucy, while he gave a group hug. His lanky arms were wrapped around his wife and daughter successfully. He released. "So, tell us how everything has been! How's your life?" He smiled. "It's been gre-"

"Lucy who vas dat on de door?" Gru shouted across the halls. 

The couple jumped and stood behind their daughter as a sheild. "You didn't tell me someone else was here!" Whispered Scarlet. Gru's footsteps became louder and louder. Lucy's poor parents trembled behind her. "So who vas dat?" His voice became clear. "Just my parents." Lucy forced another smile. The villain hissed while tugging on Lucy's hem of her dress. The ex-villain heard some movement behind her wife. He curiously looked around her. Two complete strangers who must've been her parents were behind their daughter like little children. They both chuckled nervously. The couple stood up.

"Uh, hello dere." Gru stretched his hand out. They both carelessly glanced at his hand then turned back to their. "You never told me you had a boyfriend." Scarlet said in a playful tone. "He's my husband." She blurted out. The elderly couple gasped. They looked at Gru then back at their angel. Comparing their differences. "You're suppose to get married till your 20!" Shouted the inventor. "Um, dad. I'm 36." She swayed her hips. He left out a soft chuckle. 

"Wait a minute. I know you from somewhere." The villain pointed at Gru. She began stroking her chin. "Yes, yes. It's coming to me." She added. Gru looked puzzled. He surely haven't seen this person before. He glanced up at her wife but, she shrugged. The ex-villain didn't know if Scarlet was testing him. Nevertheless, he wanted to show how much he adores their daughter. He wants to show how great of husband he can be. Then, as Scarlet stretched her arm pointing Gru, a snapping sound was heard. "YOU'RE THAT PENGUIN WHO STOLE MY PRECIOUS CROWN! AREN'T YOU!" Scarlet bellowed. Her husband acted quickly, grasping her arms before she starts wrecking the place. The villain starts struggling, yelling her failed heist. Gru jumps and walks back to his wife. "S-she still h-hasn't got over th- Ow!" Herb released her once she munched on his arm. Scarlet cleared her throat before acting like a civilized human.

"Well, at least you don't have to deal with kids!" Scarlet joked, lightly poking Herb's sides. 

As if on que, the three adoptive girls walked in with Margo carrying a tray. "Said too soon." She mumbled. "The cookies are finally baked." Agnes cheered. Edith poked her younger sister's side lightly. "That was a suppose to be surprise!" The middle child whispered. Lucy's father popped his head up. "C-cookies you say?" He sprinted toward the girls. "Yeah, want some?" Offered Agnes. Margo took off the cloth away and Edit handed him one. His eyes sparkled with joy with the addition of a watery mouth. He took a bite out of his favorite treat. The chocolate gracefully melted inside his mouth. Herb's taste buds went wild. After he finished, he licked the leftover chocolate from his fingers. "You really seem to enjoy them." Margo commented. "Are you kidding me? There my favorite!" Herb reached for another. 

"There just so light!" He added.

"Huh?" Questioned the eldest.

"What's that word you kids use now and days?" He nibbled on his cookie.

"Lit?"

"Yeah! It's so lit!" He swallowed the remaining whole.

"Yes, yes. Well we better get going." Scarlet yanked on her husband's hand. He didn't react much. He stayed in put eating as much cookies as possible. "I said, were leaving!" She screamed. "But, honey. They're cookies!" Herb whined, stuffing more. The villain successfully snatched Herb along with her. "It's been very nice seeing you sweetheart." Scarlet turned to Lucy with a smile. Then, she glanced at her husband and made a disgusting glare. "Toodles!" She waved before slamming the door shut.

The youngest one looked at the deserted  tray. She frowned on the lack of treats. "Aww. He ate them all." Whined Agnes. Gru kneeled down. The palm of his hands touched Agnes' cheeks. "It's alright. Let's go bake another batch." He smiled. Agnes nodded and ran off to kitchen, followed by her sisters. The ex-villain walks up to his wife. Her face looked pale, had a frown and glared at the door. "Y-yu ok dere?" Asked he. The redheaded snapped back to reality. She sneakily whipped her hidden tear and quickly smiled. "Yeah, let's go bake those cookies."~