[un]

EDDIE
13:18

There laid a peaceful meadow, tall brilliant trees swayed to the crisp winds song. Tall blades of green grass danced to the cool breeze, joined along by colourful wildflower that scattered beautifully throughout, carefully blessing the heavenly green fields.

The blistering sunlit glistened lowly against his bare caramel skin, his shoulders already mutual to the hot citrine sun. He laid against the comforting trunk of a tree, the smell of rich damp soil reached his nostrils, along with the sweet floral sent of the near wildflowers -- which surprisingly relaxed his firm body, causing his eyelids to slowly begin to flutter shut.

Nature mirrored humanity.

Small or large, black nor white. All came in forms of different verities -- pigments, and sizes. Yet, utterly beautiful in their own profound ways.

Although, nature used to be pure. It had yet to be truly tainted, like humanity once itself. Though, humanity didn't mirror itself further more. It mirrored a growing beast.

This world no longer represented purity. It no longer longed care and comfort for its beautiful creatures, nor creations -- it represented hatred and only longed further destruction of itself.

It was a rancid stench, potent even. It seeped from the deep depths of the rich soil as it wafted up throughout the thick meadow's grasses, soiling the fresh air.

Was my skin truly such a sin as they spoke of? Was it such that i'd been punished from above to hear of the stolen lives of my innocent brothers and sisters daily?

Why...?

Why were we forced to live within a world where one would rather witness innocent bloodshed than find acceptance towards the pigment of someone's skin?

---
[EDDIE IS A MIXED BLACK/KOREAN BOY]

Now y'all are probably aware as to why I don't attempt write serious shit, or write in general, bc I highkey suck at this, sadly oml--
Also, the majority of the chapters in this book will be relatively short, so ya hopefully this chapter wasn't too shitty !!