I rub my eyes, continuously telling myself that this is not real. It can't be real. I look back at it. No way.

On the screen is written Phone Stealer. He's calling me.

I close the door shut and look around me, feeling a little bit frightened. My hand is gripping my shirt and I can't even relax it. I can't seem to be able to breathe. I feel as if my heart will burst out if I don't keep the pressure.

If he is calling me, it wouldn't be for nothing. I know the guy, he wouldn't take these types of risks.

I look around cautiously. I must get myself together. He might be hiding here somewhere and I don't want him to see me as a pathetic, scared girl.

I take a deep breath and answer the call with a shaky thumb, already regretting this. It takes a moment for me to find my voice, and it still turns out awkward and hoarse.

"Uh—"

"Hey. That took a while."

Phone Stealer's voice hits me like a truck I instantly forget it's cold. I remove the phone out of my ear and look at the caller again as I am not believing this. I just heard Phone Stealer's voice.

And I will admit the following: his voice sounded all too different from what I imagined. And suddenly, I wanted to hear him more, drinking in his voice as much as I can, knowing that I probably won't hear it again.

This must be damn important.

But not only is it extremely manly and young (and attractive), it's also cold. Freezing cold. He wasn't lying all this time. He probably is an evil being.

"Holy shit," I mutter nervously to myself and curse under my breath for being this pathetic when I promised myself I wouldn't.

"What? Do I sound sexy?" He mocks, imitating my breathless state.

I let out a disbelieved scoff but smile at that anyway. "You told me you wouldn't call."

"Looks like you wanted me to," he says casually, back to his normal state.

"Do you ever take a break?" I roll my eyes, hoping that if he's hidden somewhere he'd catch my reaction.

"I hope I saved you," he sighs and feels like it's right on my cheek.

"Saved me?"

"From my uncle. He's inside." His voice sounded all too much like a warning and my eyebrows shoot up in confusion. Uncle?

"Seriously?" I whisper and look back at the house as if I could see him through the walls. "That's your uncle? What is he doing here?"

Phone Stealer doesn't answer and I feel nervous already.

I speak up again, "W—What does he want to know?" My voice cracks and I press the phone harder to my ear.

Phone Stealer still doesn't answer. I can hear his fast breathing through the phone, which means he is still alive and hasn't hang up on me yet. I wonder if he's watching me.

I look around for any signs but all I see are trees and bushes and I'm glad it's not night. This silence reminds me of the day I chased him in the forest. Possibly one of the worst days of my life.