I managed to get a fair distance away before Remus caught me. Another friendly note: it’s also not a good idea to run away from a pissed off, over protective alpha wolf. Remus spun me around, gripping me by my shoulders and pushing me hard against the wall. It wasn’t rough enough to hurt, but it was none too gentle either. His wolf was close to the surface. He took several deep breaths, trying to calm himself down. “Look Rika, I need you to tell me what happened to you. I don’t want to scare you, but if Moony doesn’t figure out what exactly happened to his cub immediately, he may just go on a rampage.”

I heard footsteps. Looking to the side, I saw an angry Sirius dragging Harry forcibly by his forearm. “I don’t know what’s going on Moons, but whatever Rika got into, Harry’s gotten into too.”

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Snape had spent the majority of his day down in the dungeons brewing supplies for Madam Pomfrey. He’d just finished in time to grab dinner before the Great Hall emptied.He was walking through the halls when a noise from around the corner caught his attention. His spy instincts kicked into gear. He peeked around the corner, careful not to let himself be seen, and his eyes widened in shock.

Rika was being held against a wall by Lupin, the man glaring down at her. She looked like she’d lost a wrestling match against a hippogriff—cuts and bruises covered her skin. Beside them was Black holding Potter aggressively by the arm. Potter’s school robes had slipped from his shoulder, revealing a nasty bruise.

This blatant abuse was something Snape could not ignore. Especially when it looked like not one but two children were suffering. His insides twisted with hate. How dare those two marauder-mutts harm undeserving children (Potter the brat may deserve a good spanking but not this).

He whipped out his wand and cast a quick repellent spell. Black and Lupin both flew away from the children, hitting the opposite wall. Snape came out, wand raised. “Just what do you two mutts think you’re doing?” he snarled.

Black scrambled to his feet. “Us? What are wedoing? Bloody hell man, what are you doing?!”

“Snape?”came a voice from behind him.

He glanced back—still keeping the mutts in sight—to see Rika edging forward. “Stay where you are.”

Black and Lupin both went for their wands, but Snape disarmed them. In a flash Potter had his wand out. “What are you doing!?”

“Stay back boy, I’m helping you.”

Rika moved in front of him, standing between him and the idiots. “Wow, wow, wow. I don’t know what’s going on here, but there has obviously been some huuuuge misunderstanding!”

“Misunderstanding my ass! The git bloody hexed me!”—Sirius

“I wasn’t the one who took out my aggression on a child,” Snape snarled.

Lupin shook his head. “What are you talking about?”

“And you” Snape shook his head. “Disgusting.”

Rika gently tugged his arm. “Um would this have anything to do with Remus cornering me combined with my less-than-par appearance? Because there’s a perfectly good explanation for that…”

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I sighed, seeing Snape’s disbelieving look. “Harry dear, put down your wand.”