Finale

Travis waved off Katelyn's hands as he forced himself to stand.
     "Don't worry babe, I got this."
     "Call me babe again, and I'll throttle you," she warned.
     "Ah, c'mon you know you like it. You're smiling," he teased.
     "I am and I hate it," she groaned.
     Travis laughed.
...
     "Easy Aaron," Savannah said.
     The young man eased onto the couch.
     "You know mom, just because you've made your peace with Aaron doesn't mean you have to baby him," Aphmau chuckled.
     Savannah tossed a crumpled up piece of paper at her daughter who ducked out of the way.
     "Alright, time to change those bandages," Aphmau sighed, limping over to him.
     "Only if you let me change yours," he hinted.
     "Ahem," Savannah signaled.
     "I um...nothing," he fumbled.
     Aphmau unwrapped the slightly tattered cloth from his chest and gently touched his skin. He winced.
     "Sorry," she whispered.
     She moved her hand across the scars that the stitches had left.
     "Why'd you do it?" she breathed.
     "I wasn't just gonna stand there and watch you die," he said.
     She sighed and began to replace the bandages.
     Savannah let the couple have their moment.
...
     Garroth gently peeled back Zane's bandage.
     "Ouch!" his brother yelped.
     "Take it easy," the blonde ordered.
     "You're an ass," Zane hissed painfully.
     "Yeah, love you too bro," he muttered, cleaning off the area and replacing the bandage.
     Vlyad answered the door when the bell rang. Standing in the doorway was Kawaii~Chan with a plate of cookies.
...
     Dante sighed as he went through the brochure.
     "You know, you don't have to do this right now," Teony reminded him.
     "Yeah, I do."
     "Are you alright?"
     He nodded. Yeah he was fine. Just planning his big brother's funeral was all.
...
     "Okay, that's it!" Aphmau giggled, standing and chasing Katelyn around the couch.
     "Alright you two calm down!" Savannah yelled in mock anger.
     "Yes mom," Aphmau sighed teasingly.
     "Okay guys it's on it's on!" Garroth practically squealed with joy.
     "And in other news, the fugitive responsible for the injury of several young men and women, Balto was captured today. The victims of this man and his partners are now safe from further harm."
     There were multiple cheers around the room. It truly was over. But Aphmau didn't care. She was never letting Aaron out of her sight ever again. She draped her arms around his neck from behind and kissed the top of his head.
     He reached up and pulled her over his head and onto his lap. She laughed hysterically when he started tickling her. Eventually though, she rested her head under his chin as he hugged her and fell asleep. The others began to sneak out of the house.
     Aaron's eyes drooped sleepily. He yawned, then stood, carrying Aphmau upstairs, and lying under the covers with his arms wrapped around her waist. They hadn't cuddled like this for a long time.
     Shame Aaron wasn't awake long enough to enjoy it more. He was asleep in minutes. The two were inseparable.
     But Aaron wouldn't have it any other way.
     THE END