Completion

Balto crashed through the door and Gene followed suit.
"Good job Sasha. I knew you were up to something, betraying me like that. But you know, it's gonna be more difficult with the cops all around the place."
"Gene...," she tried.
He shot her. Right between the eyes.
"Aw, Kitty. You look distressed," he murmured, tilting her chin up as she forced herself to her knees.
She spat blood in his face. "Go to hell," she growled.
Balto took off at a nod from Gene.
The older man kneed Aphmau in the face.
"Stay here," he warned.
He approached Katelyn, gun in hand and she backed up. She glanced behind her in time to fall. She snagged the edge of the roof.
Aaron groaned and sat up, gripping his torso, drenched in blood.
"Aaron, you can't be doing that, just relax," Aphmau begged from next to him.
But Aaron was on a mission. Zenix was there. He was unarmed and ready to fight.
The two started throwing punches. Aaron might've been weak, but he was still damn powerful. Aaron staggered at a blow to the side of his head, and spotted Sasha's gun. He snatched it from the ground and fumbled with it. Zenix approached him with a lead pipe just as he got it loaded. In a split second, Zenix was dead. Reunited with Sasha.
...
Erik and Savannah approached the building and they freaked seeing Katelyn, legs flailing, dangling from the roof.
...
"I was gonna let you live, sweetheart. But you have been such a pain..."
He stepped on Katelyn's hand and she screamed, now only being supported by one arm. (FYI story takes place after Katelyn got her cast off.)
"In my ass," Gene finished.
He raised his foot to finish the job, when a bluish-green blur tackled him. Travis and Gene tumbled off the roof.
"TRAVIS!" Katelyn screamed.
...
"Oh my Irene!" Savannah cried.
Gene hit the ground, Travis on top of him.
Katelyn pulled herself up and ran down the stairs.
Aphmau helped Aaron stand.
Katelyn burst out the doors and knelt next to them. She gently pulled Travis off of Gene, who was without a doubt dead.
"T-Travis?" she murmured tearfully.
Nothing. He was bleeding from his original head wound but his arm was at a strange angle and he was dreadfully still.
She broke into sobs.
"You idiot...I'm sorry...," she whispered, putting her forehead against his and crying, eyes closed tightly.
"Am I dead? Cuz I see an angel."
Katelyn's head snapped up at the quietly murmured question.
Travis' bright green eyes were staring up at her lazily.
"Oh my Irene," she breathed.
"I'm flattered," he teased.
"Shut up you asshat," she laughed. She kissed him and he didn't fight her. After all, it was what he wanted.
When they separated, she whispered a thank you into his ear.
Savannah and some paramedics ran over.
"Katelyn where is my daughter?" she begged.
"She was--"
"Help me! Please!" Aphmau cried, stumbling out of the building, Aaron by her side.
"Oh dear Irene...," Savannah gasped.
Aphmau was bleeding, the side of her face covered in the thick red liquid, and the cut on her cheek oozing slowly. The stuff was all over them, even dripping from Aphmau's lips and covering her jacket, though most of that was Aaron's. Aaron's bare chest matched his jacket. He was barely able to stand, nose bleeding, chest a mess, pale as a ghost. He was dying. Aphmau was pale too, and her leg was trembling.
Paramedics practically tackled them.
Savannah knelt next to Aaron with a worried look in her eye.
"How did this happen?" she asked him.
Unable to answer, Katelyn did for him.
"He took a bullet for her. Or rather, he took two bullets," she said shakily.
She looked back to Aaron and his deep black eyes bore into her soul.
"Thank you, so much," she said gratefully.
He nodded as they lifted him into the ambulance with her daughter.
Jillian put her hand on Savannah's shoulder.
"We're tracking Balto as we speak. He'll be going away for a long time. It's over."