Chapter One

Aspenfrost yawned as he climbed out of bed, shutting his alarm off begrudgingly.

He trudged down the stairs and into the kitchen, only to have opened up his cabinet to find no freshkill.

Hm, that's strange, he thought, I just bought some freshkill the other day.

He shrugged, going over to his fridge and hoping to find some freshkill there. To his surprise, there weren't.

So Aspenfrost yawned again, walked over to the door and opened it to go buy some more freshkill.

~~~~

When Aspenfrost arrived at the market he strode right over to the 'Defrosted' section. He examined all the prey on the mahogany shelves, padding back and forth on the white marble ground.

"Hello, Aspenfrost," greeted a white tom with orange patches, approaching him.

"Hello, Orangepatch," replied Aspenfrost, dipping his head out of respect and habit.

"How are Melonsong and the kits doing?" Orangepatch asked.

"They're doing great." Aspenfrost chuckled, grabbing a few mice and putting them in his shopping bag. "How are you and your mate doing?" he asked.

"Pretty good, I'm just here to pick up a few voles and head back." Orangepatch purred, grabbing a few voles. "I'll see you later, Aspenfrost."

"Bye," Aspenfrost said, flicking his tail in the direction of Orangepatch before moving on to grab a few birds—two blackbirds and a sparrow.

Aspenfrost went up to the cashier and rummaged through his bag, finally pulling out a few wooden coins.

"That will be 10.24," the cashier drawled a lethargic, dull tone.

Aspenfrost set the coins in front of the cashier and turned to see another cat next to him.

"These cashiers are dumb, am I right?" The black tom muttered to Aspenfrost.

"W-who are you?" Aspenfrost growled, his fur rising a bit. There was something odd about this cat.

"Name's Shadowfur," the cat replied.

"Well, I would prefer if you would have told me your name before you just came up and complained to in my ears," Aspenfrost hissed. 

Why was he being so testy? He didn't know. Oh, perhaps it was because the lack of breakfast sitting in his stomach.

"Woah, kitty, calm down! What is your name?" Shadowfur quizzed, sitting down calmly.

Aspenfrost sighed, knowing that he wouldn't get out of this. "It's Aspenfrost."

"Well, that's a new one." Shadowfur tittered, turning his head to give his shoulders a couple of licks.

There was something about this cat that just didn't feel right to Aspenfrost. "Um, I have to go now," he said quickly, turning to leave.

"Aw, come on kitty! You just got here!" Shadowfur said in mock sadness.

"Don't call me kitty," Aspenfrost reprimanded before leaving.

Aspenfrost walked out of the store and began to pad towards his den, mind swimming with thoughts about the cat he'd just met. 

Who are you, Shadowfur?

This chapter was written by Dusky

And edited by Ember. Don't forget that, Dusky!

I had to... I re-edited it. Well ain't this a fine party.~ Another Mysterious Entity.

There are no more text additions, so I will write this plainly. Posted by your favorite admin ;) ⌁ Rio