Chapter 27

That was it. I broke down. I knew that would happen if he would have come here. I knew I would let my feelings for him come back again because I simply loved him. That was it. He was my the one.

I made dinner for us and something for Martina. I called him to the table and we ate in silence. It was a pleasant silence.

He looked so peaceful, he was just Niall with his eyes full of love when he looked at Martina. I think he was in love with her.

"Is something wrong, love?" He asked me. Shit. He had just caught me staring at him. Oh dear.
"No, everything is just fine." I answered and he smiled at me beautifully.

Martina started getting annoying after the dinner, because she was extremely sleepy. I sighed and took her to bed, she was still crying and shouting. My head started pounding and I was extremely tired. 

As I put Martina in her crib, she was already sleeping. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I knew it was his. When he touched me I felt it to the end of my spine. 

His arms snaked around my waist and pulled me closer as I melted into his hug. I immediately felt defeated. My body leaned on his and we stood there for a while, still looking at Martina. And I felt calm, the first time after over a year.

I turned the light off and went to my bedroom. I immediately stopped and turned to close the door of Martina's room, but I bumped into Niall. I gasped loudly and he caught me. His big arms cuddled me and carried me to the room.

As he kissed me passionately, I was defeated. He lifted me into heaven and then I fell asleep in his arms.

*

I woke up happy and feeling loved. This was the best feeling on the whole world. Waking up in the arms of the person you love. And I knew I would spend my entire life with him. With Niall.