Chapter 23

Niall's P.O.V.

Harry texted me after two hours. I already booked my flight for the next day and I was watching TV. When my phone vibrated I shot up.

Harry: Man, its's a girl. Martina is her name and I think she's yours. She has your eyes, I saw the picture.

Firstly, I just stared in the screen waiting to realise evertything. I had a baby girl. My eyes watered again. Wow, I needed to see her. Martina, what a beautiful name.

Niall: I don't have words. I'm coming there tomorrow.

Harry: Sure, I didn't tell her you are coming but she recognised me and almost fainted. I don't know if she wants to see you, but she has to.

Niall: Yes, I know. I'm so stupid. But I really love her, Harry.

Harry: I know. She loves you too. I know it..

She loved me. Really? I didn't believe it anymore, she must have hated me. I left her.

Laura's P.O.V.

This couldn't be true. Oh my fucking god. He sent fucking Harry Styles to me.

"He didn't send me here, Laura. I saw your direct messages just yesterday." He said while he sat on the table.

"Oh.. Um, okay. That was a long time ago. I got over it." I mumbled and he reached for my hand.

"Laura, I need to tell him." He said and I nodded.

"Yes, I know. You should tell him." I agreed.

He sighed and started dressing himself.

"I'll leave you so you can get dressed." I said and started leaving the room.

"Thank you, Laura." He said and I left the room.

Oh my god, like I needed that right in that moment. My wounds opened again. Niall and my heart... I just had started healing and here we go again. That's not okay.

I knew Niall would be here the next day. I felt it. He would be here and saw his daughter. My daughter. I was scared of that moment. What if he could try and take her away from me? If that would happen I would literary kill him. I couldn't let him take her. 

*

I got home from work, still thinking about what had just happened. I wasn't calm. I knew there would be chaos the next day. I went to my neighbour who was watching Martina for me. My baby was asleep, so I carefully carried home. I put her in the crib in my bedroom, set the digital nanny and layed on the couch. I was completely exhausted. My mind was racing and I couldn't calm down. I thought I was panicking too much, but hey, Niall was coming and I would see him after 15 months. And my love for him was still strong, just buried deep inside me. I knew that as soon as I would see him I would break. And I was scared of that moment.

I couldn't fall asleep. My mind was on full speed. I finally fell asleep on the couch with my mind imagining Niall seeing his daughter. 

*

I was woken up by the sound of Martina crying, coming from the digital nanny. I quickly stood up and went to Martina. I started carrying her up and down the room when the doorbell rang. Well, fuck.

I ran to the door with crying Martina in my arms. I struggled to find the keys and finally opened the door. Shit.

"Niall..." I started when I saw him and he just stood there with his eyes wide opened. Behind him there was Harry with his chin also on the ground. 

"Laura.." he mumbled and I saw his eyes water a little. Then he stepped forward to me, I didn't have time to think I was frozen on the spot.  He held my chin up and our lips suddenly crashed together.