Chapter Two ~ A Complication

Authors Note: Hey! Second chapter! Hope you enjoy!

Chapter 2 A Complication

Finally, the end of the period bell rings. I get up quickly, walking up the aisle of desks and out the door. I loved English, but the teacher just sucked!

"Hey!" A voice calls.

I don't pay attention, until a hand clamps on my shoulder causing me to jump.

"Whoa! Sorry!" The new boy Ethan says, smiling that blinding smile.

"Uh, hey." I say. Ethan smirks, waving a blue piece of paper in front of my face. I raise an eyebrow. "What is it?" I ask.

"It's my schedule. I want to know if we have any other classes together." He says.

My eyes narrow. "Uh, why..."

Ethan chuckles. "I helped you back there. You owe me by being my guide."

My eyes widen. "Guide...?"

Ethan nods enthusiastically. "Now see what we have together." He shoves his schedule back into my face. I grip it, glancing down warily.

"Well..." I mutter. "We have second period, fourth period, lunch, and seventh period..."

"Hm, not as much as I was hoping." Ethan says with a chuckle. "Guess it would have to do."

"Why were you... hoping?" I ask quietly.

Ethan shrugs, smirking. "I think you're cool. Just want to make friends."

I blush slightly. No one really declared that they actually wanted to be friends to me. The only two would be Chelsea and Luke.

Ethan laughs aloud at my supposed shyness. He throws his arm around my shoulders. "Man you're so adorable!"

My eyes widen. "A-adorable...?" I squeak.

"Yep! Now let's get to that second period!" He exclaims, dragging me, his arm still around my shoulders.

DAMIEN'S POV

I watch as an unfamiliar guy wraps his arm around Daniel's shoulders, Daniel blushing slightly. I look over at my best friend, Jacob Bennett. Jacob and I have been friends since third grade when we got in a fist fight when Jacob stole one of my chicken nuggets at lunch. After we got sent to the principal's and he gave us a lecture, the principal left his office to go meet the needs of the new flustered secretary. After he left Jacob and I looked at each other and burst out laughing at the stupidity of the fight. It was a funny way to make a best friend.

"Hey..." I mumble. My eye twitches irritably as Jacob doesn't answer, mouthing the words from the song he was listening to on his Ipod. I punch Jacob hard on his bicep. "Hey!"

"Ow! The hell?" Jacob exclaims, ripping his ear buds out.

"Who's that?" I ask immediately, pointing at the unfamiliar guy that was now leading Daniel down the hall, his arm still slung over his shoulders.

"Uh..." Jacob studies the boy walking away. "Oh! I heard there was a new guy coming."

My eyes narrow. "Where's he from?"

"Beats me." Jacob replies, shrugging his shoulders. "Why do you care anyway?"

I set my jaw. "No reason..."

DANIEL'S POV

Ethan and I walk into our next class; History. Mr. Bentley smiles at us, more specifically Ethan. "Hello there, you must be Ethan Wright." He looks over at me. "Mr. Davis, you can take your seat, but you Mr. Wright stay up her so you can introduce yourself."