Sarah

Sarah

                When I was about five, both my brother and I were avid sleep walkers. Almost every night, my parents would wake to find one of us somewhere besides our beds. One fall night, my dad awoke to find me walking through the living room. Now this was normal. What wasn’t normal was the fact that I was following a girl towards the stairs. My father had seen the girl before, but never upstairs. She looked slightly older than me, maybe seven. He didn’t think much of it as he lifted me up and carried me back to bed. Although he was eager to go back to sleep, he figured he better go downstairs and check on my brother.

                He found the bedroom door open and the bed empty. My father could hear the television from the next room. When he went down the hall to investigate, my brother was asleep on the couch, the remote in his hand. Sitting next to my brother’s feet was the girl. She had a translucent hue, and never made eye contact. She would often walk up and down the hallway down stairs before turning into a room and disappearing. Because she wasn’t really bothersome, my father let her be, but took my brother back to bed.

                In the morning, I remembered everything, getting up, walking out of my room, and following the girl in the pale green dress. At the time, my dad told me it was just a dream, but years later he told me the truth. So one day, we were telling ghost stories around the campfire at my neighborhood’s block party. After my father told the story, our neighbor from up the hill told us about their family’s ghost story. See, our neighborhood was built on their family’s farm. Where our house sits used to be the farmhouse and outbuildings. We still have a bit of picket fence in our backyard from the yard’s previous life. One time, about a hundred years ago, the farmer’s daughter was sent outside to play while her baby brother napped. The young girl, Sarah, didn’t come back. A search party was sent out, the pond was swept, but she was never found. When our neighborhood was built, the pond was expanded and a small doll was found buried. Nothing else has ever been found of the young girl.

Happy Halloween!

This is the last story, hoped you enjoyed. Check out my other stories.

Thanks,

Devin4862

Full Copyright 2013