Soul 44: Devour

Magsimula sa umpisa

Zirrius silently gritted his teeth. He tried to calm himself though his lack of senses was getting in his nerves. It was driving him insane. He couldn't feel anything. He could only feel Severus, his words and his presence. It was devastating. It was like his senses were betraying him, devouring him away from reality.

"Kahit ano'ng gawin mo, hindi siya lalabas. Sinabi ko na sa 'yo. Wala siya sa katawan ko!" mariing saad ni Zirrius. I was not sure if he was a bit thankful that I was chained. Mukhang hindi rin niya hahayaang lumabas ako at magpakita kay Severus. Gusto man niyang ipagtanggol ako tungkol sa mga sinasabi ni Severus laban sa 'kin, hindi niya magawa dahil mas makakahalata lamang si Severus at wala na siyang malulusutan. For now, he chose to play dumb. Bahagyang umangat ang sulok ng labi ni Severus dahil sa pagkaaliw.

"If she left her own body, don't you think there's a possibility that she's already dead?" Zirrius said with a straight face. Gusto man niyang mapangiwi sa mga sinasabi niya, hindi niya magawa. He was trying to convince Severus that I was not really with him.

"The magic on her body is still active. If she's already dead, her magic will disappear and her body will start to decay," Severus answered impatiently. Mariing kinagat ni Zirrius ang labi. He has a very good point. No one could argue with that.

"Then, you're talking with the wrong person. She may be alive, but I don't have her soul," mariing wika pa rin ni Zirrius. Mahina at nang-uuyam na tumawa si Severus.

"Let's see then," naghahamon na saad ni Severus. He chanted a spell and draw a small magic circle in the air. I know that spell. He was going to call underworld monsters. But it was a black magic. From that magic circle, two hellhounds came out to life.

Nagulat si Zirrius dahil halos dambahin siya ng mga ito. Their glowing red eyes were hungrily looking at him. As if he was a very delicious meal. Malalaking aso ang mga ito na may maiitim at mahahabang na balahibo. They have this ghostly and phantom characteristics that differentiate them from normal dogs. Tiyak na napakalakas nila at napakabilis.

Kinabahan ako sa binabalak ni Severus. Maging si Zirrius ay nakaramdam ng takot at kaba. His heart was pleading to get out of his chest.

"They were really hungry," makahulugang panimula ni Severus. "They haven't eaten for centuries."

Gusto kong mapamura. He was really cruel. I hope someone will come to save Zirrius. Kahit sino basta mailigtas lang siya. Nagngitngit si Zirrius nang tahimik. Umigting ang mga panga niya dahil sa walang awang nilalang na nasa harap niya. He couldn't think of a way out. His mind was secretly panicking. Naglalaway na ang mga hellhounds habang nakatingin sa kanya. They were growling in anticipation and excitement. Severus smirked.

"You still won't admit, right?" nakangising tanong ni Severus. Natahimik si Zirrius. He still chose to not admit anything. Hindi ko alam kung bakit niya ito ginagawa. If only I got my voice, I would tell him to admit everything. Para matapos na ang lahat ng paghihirap niya. I don't if his stubbornness is due to his formed attachment with me or what. I don't know why he was protecting me from Severus. I wanted to know why he was doing all of this!

Hindi na naghintay pa ng sagot si Severus. Sumenyas na siya sa dalawang hellhound. He was telling them to start their party, as if he was giving them a reward. Ayaw kong makita ang sunod na mangyayari. Gusto ko na lang pumikit pero napakaimposible. Sa ayaw o sa gusto ko, makikita ko pa rin ang lahat.