Chapter 1

A/N:
Hey guys! So, I'm back on wattpad after my last story and I've actually decided to start writing a new one (obviously). I have already started writing a few chapters of this, but over all I'm going into this story and writing it as the days go on, unlike with 'Dear Future Me...' I hope you guys enjoy this first chapter. Any comments and votes are greatly appreciated(especially if they are feedback on if the story is going alright).

I'll stop talking now ^^
-----------
Dan's POV

"To a new semester of hell!" He yells out, raising his drink, being mirrored by everyone else surrounding him with drunk smiles and careless actions. 

After his small announcement, he pushes out of the crowd, trying hard not to stumble over himself. He looks around to notice a girl approaching him. Dan straightens up and shoots her a charming smile. "Jessica, hey. What's up, you enjoying the party?"

She shoots Dan a devious grin, they both know exactly where this was going. "Yeah, I mean you're here." She steps closer to Dan and places one hand on his shoulder. "But, I feel like I might enjoy it a lot more if you take me upstairs and show me your room." She whispers in his ear, her other hand already playing around with the button of Dan's jeans.

He places a soft kiss on her lips. "Of course. I'm sure you'll enjoy it." He answers in a devious and quiet voice.

Dan then grabs her hand and leads her up the steps into a room that had been introduced to about every student at his school. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Phil's POV

"Hey, Dan! That party last night was great, man." Phil hears a voice yell, accompanied with the loud sound of hands colliding.

He looks up to see both Dan and his friend Chris take a seat where they normally do, a table in front of Phil. Of course he knew their names -- he knew literally everyone's names in this god forsaken hell hole. But of course, no one knew his, not that he minded really. It didn't seem his classmates even acknowledge his presence so he was always able to listen in on all the school drama without really being in it. He figured it was better than being bullied or something.

Phil wasn't surprised when a few other students came in and gathered around Dan, thanking him for the awesome party last night. He always threw a party the day before every term. It also meant it was is current semester girlfriend's last chance to get into his pants. That's just how the he was from what Phil heard, not that Dan's sex life was any of his business. But, from the gossip Phil always heard, Dan was always the life of the party. He was also famous for having a new person on his shoulder every term, and the funny thing was, the girls who got with him were aware of their limited time.

Phil concluded that Dan was just another idiot who would end up being some kind of drug dealer in life. It wouldn't surprise him if majority of his classmates ended up that way in all honesty. They all ended up going to some party every term to get drunk off their ass even when they were well aware they would have to wake up bright and early for school the next morning, now with the most unbearable hang over.

"Hey, so how was last night?" PJ, another friend of Dan's, asks coming up and leaning his arms against the front of his desk. "Y'know, with Jessica n' all..." He trails off, shooting Dan a suggestive wink.

That's right, Jessica was the one chick on Dan's shoulder last term. It's a shame, Phil actually thought that girl might have the intelligence to know a guy like Dan would just ruin her.

A devious smirk plays across his face. "Oh god dude, you have literally no idea. That girl sure  did give me one hell of a show last night in that bedroom-"

Before Dan can continue, their teacher comes walking in, sending PJ to his seat all the way across the room. Phil silently thanks the teacher for his appearance. He was so tired of hearing Dan's night in the bedrooms at the start of every term.

"Good morning, class. Today, I have a wonderful thing to announce. I will be assigning you all a project!" He announces and a chorus of groans initiates around the room.

Phil's head pricks up at the sound of a project, especially since this was English, meaning it would likely be some kind of book report.

"Alright, so I will assign you all a partner to work with-" Phil's head quickly falls at the sound of this.

Why did he have to ruin such a wonderful thing by adding some kind of social interaction to it?

"Together, you will choose what book you will both read, meaning this will definitely need to be worked on outside of school as well. After reading this book, you will then collectively decide with your partner how to "bring the book alive!" Per sé. I don't care how you show it or what book it is so long as it is a novel and everything is appropriate, understood? Okay, I will now announce your partners and you may then get together and start discussing what book you will both be reading."

After this, the teacher begins calling names. Phil supposes this project shouldn't be too bad. He could easily just tell his partner that he would do everything and give them as much credit as they wanted. This could be fun, even with a partner, Phil decides.

"Philip Lester and Daniel Howell,"

Fuck.

Scratch that. This cannot be fun. There was no way in hell this could be fun anymore, especially with a partner.