One Step Closer. - Chapter 10

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE! 

Oh my god I'm sooooo excited & eager to post this part i'm almost shaking!

Okay so they go on a proper date, the rest you'll read ;)

I'm really proud of this chapter so enjoyyyy! :D 

The day went pass so slow only to torment me for each minute even more. Now the clock was five and it was time to get ready. I had no idea where he would take me, which meant that I had absolutely no clue what was appropriate to wear. Just as the thoughts came to my mind I heard a buzzing from my phone. I had got a text message from Niall:

I'm taking you to the lake. Bring something warm. x

The lake? What was he planning there? The summer had come to it's end and it was October, why would he choose a place like that?

I chose to not think about it too much so I went back to pick my clothing. Something casual, I guess. In the end I decided for some tight jeans and a T-shirt, lastly a hoodie over the shirt. I went to the bathroom to start putting my make-up on. I applied some foundation and concealer to bring some life into my skin, lastly mascara on my lashes. I left my hair naturally like it was and put my phone in my pocket. Done.

I felt nervous. We were going to be somewhere in the middle of nowhere, where no one can see us. All alone. Thanks to these thoughts my heart began to race, pound against my chest. But something still told me in my head that there was nothing to worry about, though it was a bigger part of me that was terrified.

"Ok Tifa.. Calm down.. Nothing's gonna happen." I spoke quietly to myself to calm down. It worked, kinda. I took a deep breath and then breathed out, slowly.

It's going to be fine..

A sudden horn from outside made my breath hitch and caused my heart to start beating faster again. I was frozen in place, I couldn't move. Only staring into my reflection in the mirror.

"Tifa, honey! Niall's here!" I heard my mom shout from downstairs. I took one last breath. Then I left the room, walking downstairs. My legs felt numb and it felt like I was going to trip over my own feet anytime soon, I'm sure. Luckily I made it safely past downstairs without tripping over. I felt how both my mom and Niall stared at me while walking downstairs.

"Honey, why are you dressed like that?" Mom asked me with frowned eyebrows, which made me a slight irritated.

"We're not going to a restaurant or anything like that. Just out for a bit, and I wanted her to be dressed causally and warm." Niall calmly answered for me. I smiled lightly at him, because I actually didn't know either why I was wearing this.

"Oh okay then!" she said happier and smiled at both of us. By now I had put my converse on, and my heart was still pounding like crazy in here. I was almost screaming for help with my eyes, but mom obviously didn't notice the fear in my eyes and just smiled proudly. I saw how happy she was for me, for finally finding someone that may have an "interest" in me. But I'm still not sure if he even had it, what if he only played with me just like with everyone else?

"Well you two have a good time now. Don't be out for too long. And take care of her." mom said, referring to Niall. He nodded and smiled at me.

"Don't worry, I'll take good care of her." he promised her with a smile, that later changed into a smirk when meeting my eyes. I smiled to mom one last time before following Niall out to his car.

He walked close to me with his hand on my back, making me more nervous. If I didn't know the violent side of him and all his rumors, I would actually feel calm and enjoy being with him. Unfortunately I knew it all, or at least most of it so I remained nervous and stressed out.