I

Danielle.

I sat on the edge of my bed while my alarm went off over and over

I sat on the edge of my bed while my alarm went off over and over. I ran my fingers through my curly black hair then grabbed my phone to shut off the most annoying noise in the world! I stood up and stretched then slid on my house shoes and kimono and headed to my best friends room.

*Knock. Knock*

"Briiiii, it's time to get up!" I yelled threw the door.

"I'm already up." She responded sounding half sleep.

I went back into my room and started picking out something to wear for school today.

Man, I wanted to climb back in bed so bad. But I couldn't! I was almost done.

I'm Danielle Khan. 24, Cali born, future nurse, blasian, blah blah blah.

I was starting to sound like a dating profile.

But anyway I was finishing up my last semester of college and I'll be able to finally start my life!

I have been working my ass off for this. Working two and three jobs just because I didn't want my dad to pay for it.

My dad....

My best friend. It's been me, him and my oldest brother all my life. I don't know too much about my mom besides her first name and what she looks like. My dad had to raise me and my brother on his own. My oldest brother isn't half Asian but his mom didn't think she could raise a son so she left him with my dad. They still communicate though. Me on the other hand my mom left because her Asian side didn't accept his African American side and you know Asians don't break tradition so my mother walked out of our lives.

But my dad an amazing job with his kids. My brother just opened his second car garage. He's like the best with cars! I work there whenever he needs me, like today after school. He wanted to be just like my dad, he's a big grease monkey. Trent used to be right next to him trying to help fix cars when he was younger.

"Dani are you ready? It's time to go." Sabrina said while busting threw my door. This bitch is so rude but she's my best friend and I love her.

"Yeah. I'll meet you downstairs."

"Okay."

"Aye, Trent wants us to come work at the shop today."

"Tell him I said yeeeees daddy." She stuck her tongue out.

"Ugh!" I rolled my eyes.

She's always had a crush on my brother but he always complained about how she was too young. He's only 28 but he acts like a old ass man.

I grabbed my books and my bag and headed out of my apartment building to my car a Toyota Camry.

I call her Bentley for inspiration. I love my car. My dad just bought her for me and she's red, my favorite color.