Chapter:24

Sept. 29

Shane's and my birthday is tomorrow and I wanted to do something special for him. We were home until tomorrow so.... Yeah. I fixed his favorite meal and wore something he'd love.

He came in from stocking the trailer and crashed on the couch. I took him a plate and kissed him. One thing he didn't know at first was my birthday. ERA's Facebook page put out a post that said happy birthday to both of us.

Shane's POV
She cooks for me, cleans, does laundry, only when we're at the house is she a house wife. I ate my dinner and went to shower, she beat me to it. I stripped and joined her like I usually do when I catch her showering.

Grace's POV
He definitely knows how to treat me. Once we were done I dried off and he took me in to the bedroom. He laid me on the bed and got on top of me. He kissed me and loved on me for most of the night.

I got up out of bed and went into the bathroom

I got up out of bed and went into the bathroom. My husband has got to be my number one guy. I got dressed and went out to feed the horses. When I got back Shane was in the kitchen fixing breakfast.

"Fed the horses." I told him as he stood over the stove. "Thank you baby girl." I kissed him and told him to come get me when he's done.

I took the bags out and loaded them up. I started by gathering the horses up and got them ready to travel. Shane called me for breakfast and I quickly ate then went back to the horses.

I put water in four buckets and filled up two hay nets then loaded the horses. Shane came out of the house and we got in. "Happy birthday babe." "Happy birthday sugar." He told me. We kissed and left.

Gage was laying on the console and I was playing on my phone. Suddenly Shane hit the breaks. A mile in front of us was a car crash. We were near Mt. Meigs in Alabama.

I got out to check on the boys. Someone might think I'm crazy but I've got to check on the babies before the baby. I opened the door to step in where we replace food and water while on the road and checked them out.

I gave them more water and an apple and carrot each. I stepped out and locked the door and got back in. "I gave them more water and checked them out." I told him. He nodded as the traffic didn't move.

"We could walk them for a few feet then put them back." I agreed and we let our horses stretch their legs. We put them back up and got in the truck.

Now they had traffic going again. "Just in time." Shane told me. We drove the rest of the way to Duluth and parked at the arena. I got out with Gage and walked him while Shane took three of our horses and I took the last.

We signed in and put our horses up. I cooked supper in the trailer kitchen while Shane fed the horses.

October, New Orleans, Louisiana

I looped the calf's head and jumped off my horse. I flipped it and tied it. I went back to Reata and got on. He let me use his horse for tonight to give Arrow a break after barrel racing.

My time was announced and I left the ring. Shane went tomorrow night so I was done for the night. I unsaddled Reata and gave him water.

He nudged me and I gave him a sugar cube. I went to the trailer to find Shane with some food for me. "Good job baby girl." He said as I sat down at the table. He set the plate down and sat across from me.

I ate and told Shane I was going to bed. I pulled my boots off and put a shirt on and crawled into bed.

He followed me and loved on me until I was in peace.

November, Finals

November, Finals

I jumped from the table and into the bathroom. All of the contents of my stomach came out. Shane held my hair back and gave me a towel to wipe my mouth on.

"You ok?" He asked. "Yeah." I said nodding. I got up and thought for a moment. "Um could you give me a second?" I asked him.

My period was late and I just puked. I took a test and waited for five minutes. "Grace are you ok?" Shane asked. "Yeah I'm fine." After five minutes I checked the pregnancy test.

Positive. I took another one and it was too. "Shane!" He came into the bathroom. "What?" "Um when we're you wanting to start the family expansion?" I asked. He looked at me surprised and I showed him the tests.

"Oh my gosh." "We're going to be parents!!" I screamed. Shane picked me up and spun me around. "Wait when was the last time?" I looked at him and remembered New Orleans.

"About less than a month ago." I tell him. "So when would it be born?" "Probably July of next year?" I told him.

He smiled and kissed me then carried me to the bed. He pulled me close and held me against his chest.

Wow so much happened in one chapter

Wow so much happened in one chapter. So looks like there's going to be a name contest.

Comment what name you think the boy or girl should have and cast your vote on which gender you think it will be.