Chapter:30

Brody almost ran to me as I knelt down then scooped him up in my arms. He was dressed in a onesie and jeans with a pair of boots. I kissed his cheek and set him down.

He held my finger and walked with me. Shane came into the barn with a horse and Brody reached out to him. Shane picked him up and let him see the horse.

"See Victor? He's going to be a great calf horse one day." Shane told him. Brody pet and touched Victor as Shane held him. Victor stood still letting our almost toddler touch him.

Shane set Brody down and we walked with Brody holding onto our fingers. When we reached Victor's stall I picked Brody up and let Shane take the horse into its stall. Brody wanted down but I didn't let him.

He started crying and screaming when I still wouldn't. Shane closed the stall door and I let him down. He sat on the ground at my feet wanting Shane to pick him up.

Shane picked him up and rolled his eyes. "Shh. Mommy only wanted you safe. She was afraid that you would get stepped on by Victor." Shane kissed his head and got him to stop crying.

Brody looked at me. His eyes still lined with tears. "Come here baby." I took him from Shane and held him close. "Come on let's go get ready for bed." I told him.

He fell asleep as I walked to the house. I walked through the front door and pulled my boots off. I took him to the bathroom and gave my sleepy son a bath.

When I was done giving him a bath I wrapped him in a towel and took him to his room. I put a diaper on him and set him in his bed. He fell asleep right away and I left his room. I got a shower and crawled into bed.

Soon the bed dipped and I was pulled into a warm embrace. "I can't believe that I get to raise a child with the one I love." He said kissing me. "I can't believe I have you as a husband." We kissed again.

He brought me closer to him and wrapped me next to his body. "Our son will grow up with an amazing father." "Our son will grow up with an amazing family."

He kissed me and loved on me. I love my tie down roper. I fell asleep on his chest.

I jumped out of bed and ran to Brody's room

I jumped out of bed and ran to Brody's room. I picked him up and cradled him calming him down. He wouldn't stop so I took him to mine and Shane's room.

I set him in the bed in between me and Shane and got back into bed. Shane already had him on his chest and quiet. I curled up next to him. The time was six in the morning but I didn't care.

The alarm went off, I quickly turned it off and got out of bed. I got dressed and fixed breakfast. Shane came into the kitchen with Brody. He set him in his seat and kissed me good morning.

I gave him a plate of food then gave Brody his breakfast. Shane sat down next to him with a mug of coffee and read the news. I sat down on the other side of Brody and watched him while I ate.

Today is his second birthday. "Mama." I looked up at Brody. Brody was looking at me. "Want more?" I asked. He nodded and shoved his plate over.

I got up and got him a little bit more. He ate all of it. I cleaned him up and we went out to the barn. Today he gets to pick out a foal as his horse. Gravel crunching said that vehicles were coming closer. Shane greeted them and let them come to see Brody.

After cake and ice cream Brody got to pick out a horse. Shane came up to me. "Grace a foal was just born." He told me. I picked up Brody and took him with us to see the new baby.

My dad and brother were here, my dad's parents and my aunt and uncle were here. When we got to the stall Shane opened the stall door and led us in. The foal was standing by its mother. I sat Brody down to see the baby.

He went over to the foal and it sniffed him. Brody sat down in the straw and the foal laid down next to him. I stroked the mare as she sniffed Brody.

Brody stood up and so did the foal. I opened the stall door to the run to see what would happen. Brody went out and the foal followed. I giggled as I watched them.

"Thinking about when he was just born?" Shane asked. "No." "Why not?" He asked. I turned and put my arms around him. "Shane I'm pregnant."