Chapter:7

"I'd like to go to lunch with you." I told him. He smiled widely and looked like he couldn't believe I said that. He's a really sweet guy and if he did ask me to date him, I wouldn't mind it.

He helped me off my tailgate and onto the ground. "Instead of those crutches how about I give you a piggyback ride?" He said. I let him carry me to his truck on his back. His hands rested on the bottom of my thighs and not too close to my butt.

I had my arms wrapped around his neck and laid my head on his shoulder. My five three height was perfect for this. Once we got to his truck he opened the door and turned around.

I slid onto the seat and he put my crutches in the back seat. He closed my door after I moved my legs and went around to his side. He started it up and the diesel engine roared.

He drove to Pappadeaux and parked. "Do you like Cajun?" He asked. "Well I do live close enough to Louisiana that I can cross the broader and get some." I told him.

He helped me out and walked behind me. Once we got to the door he opened the door for me and stepped in after me. We were led to a table and sat down. I set the crutches next to the wall and looked across at Shane.

"What would you like to drink?" A waitress asked. "Tea." I told her. "Sweet or unsweet?" "Sweet." I told her. "Water."

"Um so are you engaged?" Shane asked catching me off guard.

Shane's POV
That was a stupid question. "Oh the ring? No it's a promise ring." I shyly smiled. "I haven't dated anyone since sophomore year of high school." She told me. That was a relief. "So where exactly do you live?" I asked her.

"A little over an hour from Houston and about an hour from sulphur." She told me. She's closer to me than I thought. The waitress came with our drinks.

We ordered and the waitress left. I sipped my water while she stared out the window. "So what exactly got you into roping?" I asked. "My dad roped before meeting my mom. So I decided to follow in his footsteps and rope." She told me.

"So where exactly did he?" "Small town. At the rodeos and in high school." "And your mom? What did she do?" I asked. "She did English riding." She told me.

The girl basically grew up around horses. Our food arrived and we talked while eating. "Have any siblings?" She asked me. "Three sisters and a brother." I told her. (Answer to the question in chapter 4) "I've got just a brother." She told me.

Once we were done I paid for it and helped her out to the truck.

Grace's POV
He's such a gentleman. Maybe if I followed his schedule we could date if he asked me. Now I'm kinda wishing he would.

When we got back to the arena he gave me a piggyback ride again to my trailer. He set me down on the couch and got me an ice pack. I taped it on and propped my foot up.

My small tv was on and was flipped to highlights from the last rodeo I was at. "I'm tellin' ya this girl is likely to beat Hanchey and Brazile at their own game! Grace Zandew is a girl that will get there herself." I flipped the channel to something else.

"Yeah I get support from the other ropers that you'll never know about." I mumbled. "Was it like that before you started ERA?" Shane asked.

"Nope. In prca they were their own support and the guys didn't think I'd make it." I told him. "The only support I got was from family and friends outside the circuit." I added looking out the window.

"Then you've got a bigger fan group here." He told me. Gage laid by my foot and didn't mind Shane being here.

"So um I've been wanting to ask you this for a long." He said. I looked over at him. "Um would you like to be my girlfriend?...... I mean it's fine if you don't......."

"Shane it's fine. Your the only one that has been willing to hang out with me and you've helped me out. Honestly I think that it would be nice." He smiled at me. "So...?" "Yes. I'd love to."

He got up off his seat and came over to me. He kissed my cheek and went back to his seat. "So dinner tonight?" He asked. "Definitely." I told him.

He saddled Arrow for me in my barrel saddle and helped me up

He saddled Arrow for me in my barrel saddle and helped me up. My ankle was numb and stiff to where I couldn't feel it. I was fifth tonight and second. I warmed Arrow up and then rode over and got ready to go.

Once it was my turn I turned the camera on after they called my name and rode. After the third barrel I used my reins to make Arrow go faster.

"Wow new technique from Grace Zandew." I rode Arrow over to the stalls and dismounted so Shane could switch my saddles quickly. I brushed Arrow's back before putting the saddle pad back and he slung the saddle onto his back.

I went around and fixed the cinch just right and got up in the saddle. I took my boot off and iced my ankle more and went with him to warm Rheata up and cool Arrow off a little. When it was time to run I took the ice off and put my boot back on.

I hope this works like I wanted it. After Shane went he wished me good luck and I went into the box. I turned the camera on and called for it. Once I stuck it I jumped off and ran for the calf.

My ankle started throbbing. I put all my weight on my left foot and flipped the calf. Then I tied its legs and jumped up. I went back to my horse and got on. Leaving my feet out of the stirrups.

Hey looks like she made it tonight

Hey looks like she made it tonight......and Shane finally asked her out!

Trivia: how many world titles does Shane have?

This would probably be a better website to find info on Shane: http://www.cinchrodeo.com/endorsee.aspx?endorseeID=16 additional to www.eraprorodeo.com also Facebook is good if you have one