"Q, wake up. Q? Q...? QUINN WAKE UP!!!" Im used to the screams of Melanie, my roommate and best friend. I crawled out of bed and went to the bathroom, showered, and got changed. I put on a Man Vs. Pin shirt, black skinny jeans, checkered vans, and a red beanie. Melanie met me in the hall, in a black and white dress with black converse. She has long wavy blonde hair with aqua highlights on the tips. She stuns every boy she meets with her beauty, and Im actually kind of jealous because of that ability. Oh great, I sound snobby. Oops.

"Hey Mel," I said. She waved back at me and we both smiled. We walked downstairs to the main floor of the orphanage. Rose was there.

"Good morning girls! Can I get you two anything to eat?" She asked politely.

"Good morning Ms. Rose! Ill take an egg with toast. Do you want anything Q?" Mel answered.

"Sure, Ill have a chocolate muffin." I responded to both. We finished breakfast and I climbed up the stairs. Looking in the mirror, I realized that I hadnt put on any makeup. I applied a thick layer of black lipstick after a few layers of mascara and eyeliner. I also noticed that around my eyes there were dark rings. I havent been sleeping as much lately. I decided to straighten my straight black hair, like I always did.

After the fire, my whole life exploded. I turned to the only people who really understood me: my favorite rock bands. They had always been there and helped me through my darkest times. I didnt know what to do after my entire family and all my friends died in that fire when I was only 7.