Chapter 36: Yea,That's Fine.

One Month Later
Erica

"Kent? Will you please clear my schedule for tomorrow?"

"Of course Alpha but may I ask why?"
I looked at him and he instantly understood.

"I just want to spend the whole day with him, that's it."

"Yes Alpha." He bowed and left me alone in my office. I sighed at the quiet.

I have only been the Alpha for three weeks. The first week I allowed myself to feel flustered and bothered about the war and what happened to Alerick but I made a promise that I would take care of the entire Kingdom and that's exactly what I would do.

I stayed in my office all afternoon making sure all of Alerick's work was done with the Rogue's pack and that no one was planning to make a return with the oxymoron.

I heard a knock on the door and jumped in my seat. I didn't hear the footsteps coming closer because of how concentrated I was.

"Who is it?" I yelled out.

"Belle." A soft voice answered.

"Come in."
I met Miss. Terra's daughter and Alerick's ex girlfriend right after I returned to the castle alone. She was a beautiful young girl and I could why Alerick was once intrigued by her.

"My mother asked me to bring your tray of dinner. She says that sometimes you can forget to eat when you're locked up in here."

I thanked her and took the tray from her. "Your mother is right. Sometimes I forget I'm not a robot and need nutrition."

She laughed lightly and took a seat without me telling her to do so. She stared at me while I stacked my papers to create space to have my dinner.

I started eating my dinner completely ignoring her presence hoping I was intimidating her.

"Erica?"

"Hmm?"

"How are you?"

I looked her directly in her eyes warning her to watch what she says next. "I'm fine Belle. How are you?"

"I'm worried about you Erica."

I dropped my fork on my tray. "What for?"

"You haven't visited Alerick since he has... you know."

"I'm actually going to see him tomorrow and I have been visiting him. Although that's none of your business, I hope it calms your mind so you can stop worrying about me. Thank you for my dinner Belle."

"I just wanted you to know..."

"That you're here for me." I said finishing her sentence. "I know but right now I have to get to my work."

She took the hint and left. I sighed for what seemed like the hundredth time today and leaned back in my chair. I was honestly finished with my paperwork for the day and ready for bed.

I walked into Alerick's- I mean my room and grabbed some pajamas and headed to the shower. The shower was now a place where I would just think and my thoughts were all on Dion Rogers.

Instead of killing him, I thought it would be better to keep him alive so it could make amends with his family; his mother and father, when they were better. We keep him locked up underneath the castle in the basement with a guard watching him 24/7.

I heard rumors among the guards that Dion was growing insane being locked up down there but I never took the time of day to check on him myself. I always wondered what Alerick would have wanted to do with him but I never got the chance to ask.