Chapter 24: Shut Up!

Alerick
My eyes glanced around the silent conference room. In the room sitting around the table was Gary, Erica, Trish, Kent and two of my strongest warriors. Most of us were well aware of our circumstances yet we stayed quiet. Erica sat to my left with her chin bowed and breathing slowly. I watched her with intense eyes; terrified she would make a run from my incredibly abnormal life and never look back. I knew deep down if she ran, I would try my everything to find her even though I know for her sake, I should probably let her go.

"What now?" She whispered under her breath. With her head still bowed, even I could barely hear her. "Do we really have a war on our hands?"

"Not our hands Erica. You are not involved." I reached out and tried to touch her shoulder but she dodged me before standing up.

"I am Queen of this Kingdom; of course I'm involved!" She stared me directly in my eye, hers filled with determination while mine mirrored fear. Everyone in the room bowed their heads at her. She didn't noticed because of her intense stare on me.

"Okay my Queen, what do you suppose we do?"

She took a step back from me completely stunned at my response.

"Well...well..." She stuttered. "We should start by telling every pack in the Kingdom. Yea we should do that."
I nodded my head at her to show I was listening and was interested in what she's saying.

"But wouldn't the packs start panicking?"

"Oh." She muttered under her breath before responding to me. "Fine we won't tell them it might be a war...yet. We'll just tell the packs we have recognize a small threat and they need to be extra careful. Better?"

"More than better my Queen. Your words speaks volumes of brilliance." I complimented. Her cheeks tinted slightly a shade of pink.

"We should advise them to double on security." She continued. "Not only will we keep the packs safe by doing that, we also have a better chance of finding Dion and his packs' whereabouts. It is possible that Dion is close by because..."

I stopped listening to her to bask in her amazement. She was running my meeting totally in control. I could get used to this.

"Hello?" I heard her say faintly in my head. "Alerick? Hey Alerick!"
I nodded my head to show her I was paying attention.

"I was wondering when you and your brother was younger, was there a specific place you guys liked to hang out?"

I sat down and pondered in my seat. There were two answers to that question; one being completely impossible and the other being too obvious for a hideout.

"Dion spent a massive amount of his childhood in this very castle so he gained a strong relationship between himself and the previous Alpha King, Alpha Beckett, so it's possible he's staying with him. But Alpha Beckett lives on an island with his family. I would find it almost impossible for Dion to travel to and fro the island and control his rogues."
Everyone in the room nodded in agreement.

"Dion could also be staying with our previous pack, the one my parents and I grew up in, the Plamonhout Pack. It is an obvious hideout, yes, but that pack is based on truth, honesty and honor. No matter how horrible my brother, I just cannot see him disrespecting pack rules and keeping such a secret from the entire pack."

"Well," my beautiful Queen spoke up. "We should keep an open mind about both those places being a hideout. After all we didn't rogues would create a pack. Alerick, you can contact Alpha Beckett and I will get in touch with the Plamonhout Pack. Everyone else can inform all the packs about keeping safe and keeping an eye out."
Everyone sat there in silence just staring at her.

"That will be all." She said dismissing everyone. After everyone left the room, I grabbed her waist and pulled her closer to me.

"You know you just took over my meeting right? It was impressive and kinda hot."

"Shut up!" She said before pushing me off her and walking away. I wasn't  sure but I think I saw her smile.

Erica

"Hello?"

The room was a blinding white. I squinted my eyes to get a better clarification of exactly where I am but every where I looked was white.

I felt lost in the endless room. I took a step and heard a creaking sound echo throughout the entire place. I stopped in my place and thought about what to do next.

"Thank you." A melodic voice whispered to me.

I spun around quickly to find out where the voice came from but saw no one.

"Who's there?"

"Thank you Erica."

I spun around again. "Where are you? How do you know my name?"

"Thank you Erica. Thank you for your service."

Right to my left was a woman, about 1 feet shorter than me, with long midnight hair that touched the floor and a simple white gown. I didn't get to see her face features because she turned away so quickly. She began to walk away in a straight line with her hair dragging behind her.

"Wait! Who are you? What service?Wait!"

"Erica!"

I sat up in bed with a gasp of air. My eyes felt heavy and I was breathing abnormal. Alerick grabbed my shoulders to lay me back down and placed my head on his chest. My ears thumped with the sound of his heart beating.

"Was it a nightmare?" He asked.

"No." I croaked. I felt like I lost my voice. I cleared my throat before trying again. "No, it was a dream."

"May I ask what your dream was about?"

"Alerick," I paused to confirm with myself if I really wanted to say this. "I think I just met the Moon Goddess."