Chapter 11: I Am A Luna

Alerick

"This is outrageous. I cannot just take you from your family just because we are mates. You belong to this pack and I belong to the kingdom."

She ignored me and continued to pack her bags. It consisted of two duffel bags and a rolling suitcase. What she was doing shouldn't even be considered packing; it was more like stuffing.

"Erica? Are you listening to me?"

"Yes my Lord."

I cringed and she smirked. She must know how much I hated that. I liked that she wasn't afraid to tease me.

"So why are you still stuffing? I mean packing." I asked walking over to her to take her bag out her hands.

"Because I'm twenty two." She said in a childish tone before tugging her bag out my hand. "I'm old enough to do what I want."

So she was just three years younger than me. That was new. It was weird that the Moon Goddess would pair me with someone younger than me but I wasn't one to question her process.

"Now help me with my bags. Oh and next time? Close my room window after you leave. It gets chilly at night."

She turned away but not before I could see her smirk again.

Erica

"Erica? Where are you going? "

"Hey Mom. Uhh my class is going on a field trip. Yea to France. I'm going to be gone for a while." I nodded my head at not only her but an appreciation to myself for such a good lie.

I had a duffel bag in one of my hands and the suitcase with wheels in the other while Alerick was left with my last (and heaviest) bag.

"Old enough to do anything you want but still tell fibs to your mother." Alerick said while carrying my bag like it was light as a feather. "That's also interesting. Goodafternoon Luna Baker."

"Alerick? What is going on?" My mother asked looking between us. I saw her eyebrows raised as soon as Alerick had said fibs.

"I'm sorry to cut my visit short but I have to return to my kingdom. Erica insisted on returning with me."

"Erica!" my mother yelled as the same time I yelled "Alerick!"

"You were going to leave? Without saying goodbye? " She asked and I instantly felt guilty. I was going to goodbye but she wouldn't of known why I was leaving or where to. "I know you want to be with your mate but you could of atleast told us."

"What?! Mom you knew?"

She gave me a "duh" look. I should of known; nothing gets passed my nosy mother.

"Of course I knew. I am a Luna." She made a squealing noise. "And now so will you!"

I blushed because I didn't think of that. I would be like my mother.

"Come along." She said. "You have to say your goodbyes."

I followed behind her with my head lowered, in embarrassment, and I heard Alerick laugh lightly behind me. I turned to glare at him and he stopped immediately, clearing his throat to play it off.

My mother stopped multiple people in their tracks and told some to follow her and others to gather the rest of the pack. Soon there was a line following us to where ever my mother was taking us.

She walked outside to the clearing infront of our home. By then we had at least half of our pack there and my father had joined my mom. Everyone was talking among themselves so it created a noise of uneven chatter.

"Everyone quiet down." My father yelled. "Our Luna has something to say."

She smiled before stepping forward. "My daughter has found her mate!".

There was cheering around the group and chatter begun again.

"Wait!" My mother yelled. "She has to return with him to his kingdom so she is here to say goodbye."

There were murmurs of questions and finally one of our pack members asked out loud. "Who is her mate?"

"Alpha Rogers, the Alpha King."

There were gasps all around. Alerick took hold of my hand and I smiled at him. The whole pack started clapping just as Alerick excused himself to answer his phone. He has been ringing none stop but he has ignored it until now.

All of our pack memebers came up to congratulate me, except for Ryan who left, when Alerick finally returned looking upset.

"Alerick? Are you ok?" I asked.

He sighed before responding. "We have to leave now. The kingdom's doctor has just informed me that Kent has lost consciousness."