Chapter 14: My Lady

Alerick

"I can assure you I did no such thing." I replied to Gary holding Erica's sleeping form closer to me.

"So you get to kidnap a girl and I can't even play with her? No fun." Gary said with an exaggerated pout before walking towards me. I'm not sure why Gary would think I would kidnap a girl. "Who is she anyways?"

"I do not engage in acts of criminal behavior." I said in a warning tone. "And this is Erica. My mate."

Gary froze in his spot and slowly took steps away from me. His eyes held a great amount of fear.

"Oh. Well. Yeah." He replied spacing out his words. "I'll meet you upstairs in your office."

"Very well." I replied dismissing him. I stood in my spot with Erica in my hands while he took off running away from me and into the castle.

Erica

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. It resembled a room for mediaeval's  kings and queens. The bed had four poles which was surrounded by curtains; blocking any light out.

I felt something soft under my fingertips and turned to see feather and fur pillows. The walls were covered with multiple potraits of important looking people in ridiculous clothing.

I sighed as I realized I'm in Alerick's room. I debated if I should get out of his bed. Although it was extremely soft...

If I did I go, I could go exploring around the castle but there was the possibility of getting lost. If I didn't go, I would be in the safety of his room but I would probably get bored soon. Being the totally average person I was, I just sat on his bed staring at his door until someone opened it.

"My lady?" asked a middle-aged woman that stepped into Alerick's room. She was short and stout like a teapot. With a grimace on her face , she placed her hands on her hips.

"My lady?" she asked again with venom laced in her voice. I looked around the room and raised my eyebrows in question. Who was she talking to?

"Aurora?" she asked after sighing heavily. I pointed to myself in question and she threw up her hands.

"Of course I'm talking to you! You're the only one here other than me; I wouldn't be talking to myself! " she yelled at me.

I can't believe she was yelling at me when she barely knew me. I stood up in the bed and pointed at her.

"First of all, my name is Erica; not whatever you said. Secondly I have no idea who this 'my lady' is!" I yelled back at her.

"Wow Erica? How beautiful." She said sarcastically before starting to crackle like she heard the funniest joke ever. "My daughter's name is Belle; more fit for a lady. More fit for a Lord."

I dropped my hand that was pointed directly at her and sagged my shoulders in defeat. I sanked on the bed on my knees as I realized what she was saying.

My lady.

She was talking to me; the Lord's mate. She smirked at me evilly.

"What do you want?" I asked her. She just got here and she ruining my miod.

"I was asked by Lord Alerick to make sure you don't leave this room. I'm guessing you're a trouble maker." She smiled and cocked her head to the side.

I hopped off the bed and walked towards the door to open it and she stepped infront of it.

"Who are you exactly?"

"I'm Terra; the most-valued servant of the Alpha King."

"Yet you're here babysitting a twenty two year old." I said glaring at her. "Get out my way Terra."

"My lord said-"

"Well your lady said get out my way before I tell your lord." I said emphasizing the word "Your".

She glared at me before moving out my way.

"Thank you." I said sweetly before stepping out the door. I used my wolf's ear to follow the sound of voices. It lead me to a room six doors down. I opened it and slipped in quietly; I was a trouble maker. Alerick knew me well already.

I came into a room with a glass in the middle of the wall. On the other side of the glass there was a hospital bed with a young male in it, a guy standing in a lab coat which I was assuming was the kingdom's doctor and Alerick. The guy in the bed had his eyes closed and Alerick and the "doctor" had their back faced to me.

I watched as Alerick walked over to the bed and placed his hands on the man's chest. A blue light lit his hands and spread across the room leaving a blue glow. I watched in confusion at what he was doing.

"He's healing him." A voice said behind me. I jumped and turned around to see the guy in the lab coat.

"Who are you?" I asked quickly.

"Doctor Powell; the kingdom's head doctor." He answered confidently. "Nice to meet you,my lady."

"How did you...? Yea. Yea. Nice to meet you too. Uhh what do you mean he's healing him?" I was confused on how he knew I was Alerick's mate but I wasn't going to dwell on it.

"Ahh you don't know? The Alpha King has the power to heal others almost as fast as he heals himself. Another gift from the moon goddess herself." He smiled to himself.

I nodded my head and turned back to the glass. I jumped again because I saw how Alerick was staring at me. I raised my hand to wave sheepishly but instead of waving back, he shook his head.

Dang, I'm in trouble.