Chapter 12: I'm Sorry

Alerick

The whole pack started to clap for Erica and I. It made me feel like I was home; like I was already part of the family.

My pocket started to vibrate again. This was the third time someone has tried to contact me. It must be urgent.

I looked down at Erica's hand in my own. It felt right holding her like this but I knew I had to answer this phone call and let go.

"Erica?" She glanced up at me with a smile on her face which made me never want to let go. "I have to answer this phone call."

She nodded her head in understanding and I reluctantly let go.

"Alpha Rogers." I answered the phone without checking who called me.

"It's Doctor Powell, Alpha Rogers. This is about Beta Kent."

"Continue." I didn't see the purpose of his dramatic pause.

"You need to get back here so you can, we need you."

"Why? What has happened to my Beta?"

"I'm sorry Alpha Rogers. Kent has..."

I zoned him out because at that moment Ryan, the pack's Third-in-Command and Erica's best friend, walked past. He spotted me and glared menacingly. I was almost threatened. Almost.

"Alpha Rogers?"

"I'm sorry Doctor. What was that?"

"I said Kent has lost consciousness. You need to return immediately. No more delays."

"Don't order me around!" I yelled through the phone. I could hear him whimper at the sound of my voice.

"I'm sorry." I apologized again. "We'll be there shortly."

I hanged up before he could say anything else.

I walked back to the group trying to keep a smile on my face to match their excitement but I failed immensely because Erica asked me what's wrong.

I sighed before responding. "We have to leave now. The kingdom's doctor has just informed me that Kent has lost consciousness."

"Oh no! Not Kent! Wait. Kent...?Kent...? Who the heck is Kent?" She asked in confusion. She tilted her head to the side which her face look even cuter.

I then realized I never told her the name of my Beta.

"He is the Beta of the kingdom."

"So like the Beta King?" She asked excitedly.

"I have never thought of it like that but I assume that is an appropriate title for Kent."

"Alright. Let's get going."

"Erica. You don't have to do this. Stay with your pack and make sure they are safe. I'm leaving two of my guards behind. They should be enough help if any more rogues decide to attack."

My carriage was pulled beside me by two of my guards in werewolf form. I opened the door and my suitcases were on the floor. I started to climb in and turned to say goodbye to Erica when she pushed me out the way. I fell to the ground with a thud. I was glad that her pack members had dispered and didn't see that.

She began to toss her three suitcases in my carriage and climbed in after them.

After a couple seconds and she realized that I wasn't inside yet , she looked out the side of the carriage and asked "Are you coming my Lord "

If it was anyone other than my mate who had pushed me, my gold wolf would be really pissed off. But because it was my mate, my black wolf took it as a cute game.

My eyes began to change colors and my wolf's confidence began to take over.

"Oh yea. I'm coming babe!"

Erica

I almost fell out the carriage when he called me babe and his eyes started flashing. I sat back in the seat properly and my heart started beating faster. I remembered the last time he called me babe...

His eyes.

I thought it would be confusing because he had two wolves but I understood. Alerick had dark brown eyes, his gold wolf had light blue and his black wolf had black eyes with a small ring of gold around it. I wished I could see his gold wolf to confirm how beautiful I thought it was.

Alerick climbed up the carriage steps with a smirk written on his face. He closed the door behind him after taking a seat and the wolves started to trot like horses.

He was looking straight ahead instead of talking to me. I was slightly disappointed he wasn't all over me like he was the other night and then I blushed at the thought.

"Alerick?" I placed my hand on his shoulder hesitantly. Maybe he was thinking about that Beta King. "You ok?"

He grabbed me by the waist and sat me on his lap.

"You thought I was mad babe?"

I started to stutter before he attacked my lips.