Chapter Fifteen

~Jacob's POV

"Can we ride it one more time? Pleeeeease?" Stacey whined, bringing out her puppy-dog eyes as we got off of the roller coaster that we rode for the fifth time. I took her to Universal Studios for the day, and we had a fun time riding the rides, going on the studio tour, and catching up. I ran into a few fans during the day and took pictures, but that didn't distract from the main focus, which was making sure my sister had a good time.

"Fine, one more time because they're getting ready to close." I gave in.

"Yes!" She cheered excitedly, running to get back in line, leaving me with all of the stuffed animals she/I won playing games throughout the day. I let out a huff and follow her to the dreadful roller coaster that just might make me puke if I have to actually ride it for a consecutive sixth time.

So help me God.

***

"I want the big teddy bear!"

"Well you should've won it. It's mine."

"You won it for me!" Stacey and I bickered back and forth as we approached the front door of the house. I knocked on the door, holding on firmly to the plethora of plush toys I'd won, including the big, soft brown teddy bear that I now called my most prized possession. Sure, I may have played the game to win something for Stacey, but the longer I'd carried it around throughout the day, the more connected I felt to the damn thing. Call me a brat, but I won it fair and square. She's just gonna have to fight me for it.

The door swung open, revealing Janelle with an irate expression in her face.

"Where the hell have you two been?!" She demanded, crossing her arms across her chest. I had to look behind me, to the left, and to the right to find out who she thought she was talking to. I let out a scoff and tried to move past her and into the house, when she held her arm out, blocking the entrance. It amazed me how easy it was for her to ruin such a great day in less than fifteen seconds. Must be a new record.

"Please move." I simply stated, trying to use my manners and be mindful, considering she practically has my dad on a leash.

"My question will not remain unanswered." She shot back, glaring angrily at Stacey, who was avoiding eye contact with her and uncomfortably twiddling her thumbs.

"We went out to bond and hang out, can you let us in now? because the heat index is about the same as a conventional oven out here and I'm not a chicken." 

She moved to the side and let us through. "Stacey, why did you think it was okay to leave the house? Especially without asking me first?"

I stifled a laugh. "Why should she have to tell you? You knew she was with me, what's the big deal?!" I threw my right arm up in disbelief, my left arm still clung to all my plush prizes.

"The big deal is Stacey is grounded, and shouldn't have left the house! Did she manage to tell you that while you were out having fun? Hm?" At that point, I was tired of hearing her bicker about something so petty. I'll admit, Stacey didn't inform me that she was 'grounded' but c'mon! I'm her brother, not some friends from school. This lady needed to just chill out.