Tsubasa x Reader - Hospital

For Skawaii-chan13 and tealoverfangirl32. I hope you like it :)

 You watched the other nurses and doctor do their jobs on the poor white haired boy in front of you. This was the first time you'd actually been working here, you just finished training. Unfortunately it was your best friend Tsubasa who laid in front of you. His battle against Ryuga weakened him a lot and he's been unconscious for a day now.

"Stupid battle bladers...", you murmured while touching his forehead. The eagle user was burning up with a high fever. One nurse scampered away to get him proper medications.

Hours later Tsubasa was laying in his hospital bed with his cuts bandaged up and his fever down. You were the only one to stay behind since you were his friend and worried a lot about him. Hastily pulling up a chair next to the side of the bed, you softly start combing his loose hair in your hands. Pictures from his battle flashed through your mind. Ryuga blowing Earth Eagle away. Tsubasa falling to his knees. His energy getting sucked out of him. Tsubasa passing out. People screaming. You didn't really remembered everything, because you were too shocked. Tears began to form in your eyes and you laid your head on the hospital bed. You started to blame yourself for what happened. You could have reacted faster or even stopped the battle, but you were too paralysed.

"It's okay. I'm fine." Your muscles stiffened because of the sudden croaking voice. Nervous your head shot up and Tsubasa's golden eyes looked directly into yours.

"Y-you're awake!", you stumbled as you sat up straight again. "Do you need anything?"

"Like I said I'm fine. Thank you." Tsubasa rasps, looking very tired. He gave you a soft smile, but it faded immediately. "I need to get back!"

"What?", you asked in utter shock. "You just woke up!"

"The others need my help against Ryuga. Kyoya...Gingka...they need me! Just let me go. It won't hurt a bit, I promise.", he pleaded and a sigh escaped your lips as you considered what the blader has been asking of you.

"No Tsubasa. The only thing you need to do right now is to rest. Have faith in the others.", you said as you rose from your chair to tuck the sheets around the white haired teen who already looked like he felt worse than useless. You know how he felt, keeping him in a hospital while there was a huge battle going on, but it was for his health and that was all that mattered to you at the moment. As you turned to leave the room, Tsubasa managed to raise his voice a little to catch your attention again.

"Could you..at least stay here with me?", he asked you with a weak smile causing your heart to melt. His expression clearly exhibited exhaustion and stress, and it pained you to see him like that.

"Sure." You made your way back to the white silken bed and made yourself comfortable next to Tsubasa. You reached for his hands and faintly squeezed them. A symbol of recognition of all the burden and troubles he went through, to show that he is not misunderstood.

"Thank you." You could feel him calming down much more than before. You began to calm down too and eventually fell asleep. It was when you were fast asleep that a crash sounded through the room, making you nearly jump out of your skin. It was dark, but your eyes adjusted quick enough to allow you to see your surroundings. Frantic flew your gaze around the entire room just to stare at the silhouette of a blader you knew all to well.

"Tsubasa..where are you going?"

"I um...nowhere, only stretching my legs a little."

"Don't lie to me.." You sighted and got off the bed. "Why do you try to sneak out of the hospital?"

"I need to help the others to defeat Ryuga.", he exclaimed.

"But you are injured!" You retorted, crossing your arms over your chest.

"I'm okay!"

"You could have at least told me instead of just trying to leave without a word!"

"I didn't tell you, because I knew you'd freak out!" Tsubasa tried to remain calm as always, but it didn't really work.

"I only freak out, because I love you and don't want you to get hurt! Dammit Tsubasa, you could have died!", you shouted at him and hoped to wake no one in the hospital up. Tsubasa wanted to say something back, but then paused for a second. It was then and only then, realization dawned in. "Shit..", you whispered to yourself and your face turned a light shade of red.

"Wait..you love me?", he asked and gave you a curious look.

"No uh, I meant..you know..not like. But..yes.", you stuttered and looked away. Tsubasa chuckled slightly and leaned towards you.

"I love you too." He confessed and then pressed your lips to his. You kissed back, wrapping your arms around his neck. Tsubasa broke the kiss, panting slightly as he rested his forehead against yours.

"Hmm I think you persuaded me to stay." Tsubasa said smiling and you grinned triumphantly at him.