Kyoya x Reader -Sick

"It's nice to be back." You smiled to yourself as you stepped out of the taxi. Grabbing your bag, you thanked the driver for the ride from the airport and walked up to the hotel your friends told you they were staying in. As soon as you found their room, you knocked carefully. The door opened and without another warning, a tall person jumped at you with a bone-crashing hug.

"B-b-bull! You're finally here!"

"Benkei...I think she can't breathe." Benkei released you from his grip and you saw Demure giving you a weak smile.

"Hey, how's your bey?" Nile approached the group from behind, throwing you a water bottle which you caught gratefully.

"Oh hi Nile, much better. I'm ready to battle again!", you answered and took a sip from your water. Your last battle didn't end as planned. Although you won it, your bey had to deal with some heavy damage. Fine cracks graced several parts and a part of your fusion wheel broke off. That's why you made the decision to visit Madoka in Japan. Since your bey is your most precious possession, you wouldn't give it in unfamiliar hands.

After you let your gaze wander around the room, you noticed that someone was missing. "Guys, where's Kyoya?"

"He went training further out in the desert. Probably with the sandstorms.", Nile explained. You rolled your eyes at this. Can't he ever take a break? Typical for Kyoya.

"When is he going to come back?"

"I don't know. H-he left two days ago.", mumbled Demure and you choked on your drink.

"Two days? That's crazy!"

"Don't worry! Kyoya is strong, nothing can happen to him." Benkei yelled with a proud look in his eyes. You exchanged unsure looks with Demure. Kyoya never disappeared that long without telling his team. You decided to search for him. The three boys suggested coming with you, but someone had to wait in case Kyoya came back. Besides, you rather were alone.

Walking through the harsh desert was never your favourite thing to do. You didn't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. But at least you got somewhat accustomed to Africa's dry heat. You pulled your cape down over your eyes, fighting of the dark spots crowding your vision. The sun kept reflecting off the pale sand, enough to blind you. Of course, you had to trip over some ruins and slammed into the warm sand. Growling you got up and walked again, barely seeing anything except your compass. The next time you tripped, you slid down a high sand dune screaming in surprise. You tried to grab after something, but there was nothing but sand. When you reached the end of the dune, your knees were shaking, unable to remain steady. So you just laid there with a blurry vision and a pounding headache.

You didn't know how long you laid there looking at the cloudless sky, but then a face appeared above you. Your vision was still blurry, but you identified the person as Kyoya.

"Kyoya?", you asked with a hoarse voice. He took your hand and pulled you up into a sitting position. You felt extremely dizzy.

"Are you alright? What are you even doing here?", the green haired questioned sceptical. You doubled over and coughed the sand from your lungs. Able to breathe properly again, you said rather angry: "Looking after you!"

"I can take care of myself." Kyoya rolled his eyes, but smiled with his one fang out of his mouth.

"I'm sorry we were worried.", you muttered in a sarcastic tone. "At least you could have told the others how long you where going to be away." Getting slowly to your feet, your exhaustion was fully evident in your body language. Kyoya watched you from the corner of his eyes, ignoring your anger.

"You're always training. You'll get sick."

"Just get up, we're going back.", Kyoya orders in his natural grumpy voice.

The next day you were currently listening to music when a knock on your door was heard. You pulled out your headphones and opened the door to see the one and only Kyoya Tategami. Smiling you paused your music.

"Hey what's up?", you asked while Kyoya made himself comfortable on your bed. "Huh?"

"Not much. This is the only place I can relax and not hear my name screamed every three seconds by Benkei." Kyoya rubbed visibly annoyed his temples. He had to share a room with the loud Benkei. You sat down next to him and patted his chest.

"I understand. Welcome to the silence room then, I guess." While Kyoya laid there with his eyes closed, you leaned slightly forward to get a better look at him. His face didn't look relaxed at all and his cheeks hadn't its natural tanned colour. You put a hand on Kyoyas pretty warm forehead and he immediately opened his eyes.

"What are you doing?"

"You're sick." You sighted with your arms crossed over your chest. Maybe he got sick, because he never took a break from training and his body simply reached its limit.

"I'm not sick, I'm fine."

"You are sick and you need some rest!" You struggled to throw your blanket over the protesting Kyoya. He even threw a pillow at you.

"Stop! I won't let you get up until you have a normal temperature again. You need to keep yourself warm." Kyoya groaned in frustration, but stopped. You gave him a satisfied smile and he smiled back brightly. Truthfully this was a rare occasion, sometimes he'd joke with you or you laughed together, but Kyoya was a more serious person. In addition, he never took orders from other people. He was always the one to give orders and make consequences when people didn't follow them.

"Kyoya? Are you alright?", you asked concerned about his behaviour.

"No, I'm obviously sick!" The green haired blader rolled his eyes, but then grabbed your wrist and pulled you down next to him into a hug.

"Um Kyoya?"

"You said I need to keep myself warm.", he said with a smug grin.

"You're going insane from the fever and you will probably regret your behaviour when you recovered." Kyoya simply ignored your comment.

"I'm just letting my guard down...", he mumbled into your hair. You were happy he couldn't see you blush in this position.

"Fine...but you still need some rest." You felt Kyoya lifting your chin up and then planting a soft kiss onto your lips. Your eyes widened in surprise and your cheeks flamed with timid happiness. After that Kyoya went to sleep, but still had a firm grip on you. Before he fell asleep, Kyoya whispered: "Don't worry, I won't regret anything..."