Six

Hades 
| six | hades is twelve years old. 

The first time the Alpha of the Blackstone Pack entered the lands, he'd been personally invited by Adonis. Despite Maia's disapproval, Adonis ensured her that it was on home ground, so that if anything ever happened, they would have the advantage. 

"I don't like the idea of this," Maia made no attempt to hide her irritation towards the situation, leaning against the door-frame of their bedroom, watching Adonis get dressed. The children had spent the previous night in the care of Alastor, something which Maia had also disapproved of, despite Adonis trying to convince her that all was well. 

Adonis sighed, pulling a fresh shirt over his head, "We have to keep the peace," He reminded her. But his mate only huffed in response. 

"But why do we have to have him on our lands?" She mumbled the question, already knowing the answer. Adonis shot her a knowing look, causing another sigh to fall from her lips, "I know, I know," She rolled her eyes, tucking a long strand of black hair behind her ear. 

"I don't want you interrupting," He warned her, turning to face her properly after he'd ran his fingers through his hair. Maia fought the temptation to argue with him, but the last thing that she wanted was to face the Alpha of the enemy pack. Instead, she stiffly nodded her head, ignoring the disapproving look that she received from her mate, turning her body away from him and exiting the room. 

Behind her, she heard Adonis follow, his footsteps heavy against the ground, his scent wafting towards her. "Stop following me," Maia muttered childishly. Her mate ignored her, passing by her once they'd reached the bottom of the stairs, his broad form disappearing into the doorway of the kitchen. 

Hesitating, Maia entered, watching Adonis saunter across the room to flick the kettle on. 

He heard her sit at the table, the air thick with silence. 

Turning to face her, the frown on his face was evident, "It's not exactly like I want him here either," He told her. Maia's gaze softened, eyes flickering up towards him. The kettle was noisy, but she heard him perfectly, his lips pursing before he said, "But the safety of the pack is important; we need to be on civil terms with Khan." 

Maia hummed, although no words left her mouth. 

The kettle finished boiling, and Adonis turned away from her, the conversation ending. 

~

"Give it back!" 

"NO!" Hercules squealed dramatically. "It's mine!" 

Alastor fought back a smile as the young boys bickered in the middle of his kitchen, Zeus holding up a magazine above his head, out of his kid brother's reach. Hercules whinged, eyebrows furrowed with irritation, hopping on the spot in an attempt to grasp the paper from Zeus' hand. Although they were only a year apart, Zeus easily towered above Hercules, something that he liked to remind him as he said, "Come and get it, shorty." 

Hercules grumbled, grabbing a fistful of Zeus' shirt, tugging on the fabric. However, Zeus didn't budge, a short bark of childish laughter falling from his lips. 

"You'll have to do better than that," He teased, giggling when a crestfallen expression appeared on Hercules' face. 

Alastor looked up from his morning paper, just in time to see Hercules whack Zeus in the stomach, earning him a grunt of pain from his older brother who doubled over, wheezing. "Hercules!" Alastor snapped, scolding the young wolf with a warning look, only to be ignored as Hercules let out a loud cackle of laughter, yanking the magazine from Zeus' tight hold.